What Have I Done

Firakha and I went back in time on April 19, 1942 in England during World War II. We head to the shop where Jane was, just like in the book in order to make back to find The Beast. We followed Jane into the red phone booth order in order get to Fillory. What we didn't expected, was that Martin was following us as well.

We were so stunned on how beautiful Fillory looked, because we were used to seeing drawings and reading details from the books we read when we were kids. We ended up meeting Jane when she was older from the future and she took us back to the same time realm where we are from.

The sight of Fillory was so different, the trees...the ground...even the sky looks so sad...dead...like the life was sucked out. Knowing what The Beast had done to Fillory made me so mad, but thinking about that will make me forget about the mission. I need to focus and find The Beast before we loose hope.

Walking through the pathway full of dead leaves and trees dying from the inside out made me feel sadness and hate. But this also kept me going and have the strength to find The Beast. Firakha and I noticed a brown door...a small shed I'll say....just in the middle of nowhere. We both looked around to see if anyone was following or even watching us, then realized this might be the place where we think Martin passes through.

I walked slowly to the door, then Firakha stopped me and said " Wait! What if this is the place where The Beast is really is......do you think we are ready? Or even close to be a match to him at all?? "

I looked at her with concerned and realized the sudden reality that maybe what she said might be true. I turned to her with concerned, "Maybe we not be a match against him but we have each other and friends to help. I know someone who can help us." I took a few steps back and pulled out a book from my bag to find a page that can give me a spell to call upon a friend in need.

The sound of pages turning echoing through the dead silence continued till a spell fell upon my eyes, "Loyalties". I looked up at Firakha, "This is what we need! Now all we have to do is chant this spell and call upon Alice Quinn, she can help us. Plus! Her ability to bend light and her knowledge of spells can really help in this situation". Firakha grabbed the book, looked at the spell, then said "Lets do it".

Firakha and I started to chant the spell, the power of spell started to rush through my fingers to the palm of my hands as it's getting stronger. After a few seconds of the power increasing a bright light flashed before our eyes and there was standing Alice Quinn, confused of what's happening. Firakha runs up to her, "Alice! We need your help, we think The Beast is in the shed and you can help us finally stop him". Alice, stunned from the situation, realized that she is in a situation where her friends need help and need to step up to stop The Beast.

"Okay, let's get going, shall we" she said. I turned to the door, hesitate to open it. The sound of the breeze rushing through the trees, leaves flowing in the wind, and the nervousness under our breathes as we are approaching the door. I reach out to the door knob, turning it slowly till the door creeped opened. We all walked in slowly, and realized that the shelf we walked in was actually a door way to the office of where Christopher Plover works.

We walked around and realized this whole time Martin was coming here to practicing magic and was The Beast this entire time. "Martin....why Martin??" I said in shock.

"He probably wanted to go to Fillory, so he probably practiced and practiced till he got it right", said Alice.

"How? Isn't this impossible for him?" I said, "Not if he had six fingers" Alice said looking through the books that Martin was practicing. "All this time, I thought it was Christopher Plover...but....it was Martin" I said in sadness. Before anyone could say anything, the door slammed opened the there stood The Beast. The sound of moths made me shiver, but what mostly made me froze in sight was his eyes staring straight at you through the waves of moths.

As I snapped out of it, I said "I know it's you...Martin, you don't have to cover your face". As the pool of moths scattered away from his face, there stood Martin, The Beast, the kid who I once met who was innocent.....now the darkest and scariest person in Fillory.

"Well....took you awhile to notice it was me, let me guess....you finally went to Fillory in 1942 and figured it all out...huh?" The Beast said in an slight happy tone. "Tell me where you as surprised as I was? Haha I'm kidding....not really though, but let me tell you this, you can try all you want....but you can never beat me" He said with a grin. I stood there...frozen...but then a sudden rush hit me and used the Nova Crystallis spell to emit a crystal like sun flare into the room. "Alice....Now!" I shouted.

Alice ran toward The Beast and use her ability to bend the light toward him. Martin avoided the ray and pushed a force toward Alice which threw her across the room knocking her out. Firakha then blows fire toward Martin making him loose balance, I then grabbed a lamp and strikes him at the back of the head. Martin turns to me with a glare, then send me flying into the bookshelves. A book lands in front of me.....opened to a page that has a spell. The spell called 'Pardox Crypt' which allows us to time travel. The sound of someone choking distracted me from the spell, and I turned to see Martin choking Firakha. I turned to see Alice knocked out and realized blood pooling out under her head, I then looked back at Firakha loosing away in his hands.....I then realized it's over. Thinking it was all over, I turned to the spell in the book and realized this might help us......it might help us prevent this ever happening.....it might even stop Martin becoming the monster he has become to be. I grabbed the book and yelled the spell towards Martin, chanting it till a flash of light appeared in my sight.............I then..........lost consciousness.

My eyes opened slowly, my vision is blurry, trying to focused me eyes till I saw a blue sky. The sounds of birds chirping, the breeze rushing through the trees and a sound of young boy. "Are you okay?? What is your name? Are you from here?" said the young boy. I turned to see Martin, gazing down at me. All I can think of was....what have I done.