TFA - Chapter 16

It wasn't long before Megatron entered the room with Blitzwing following behind him. I turned my attention to the two of them and stood, straightening myself out as I slightly bowed my helm to Megatron as he walked past me. I glanced up to see Blitzwing, but he wasn't looking back. He kept his gaze straight ahead up until he and Megatron stopped and turned to face the incomplete space bridge. 

More questions buzzed around in my processor at the way Blitzwing was acting, and I was desperate to let those questions fly. But I knew it would be best to hold those questions in until a better opportunity presented itself. I turned and began adding finishing touches to the Space Bridge's frame before opening up a large panel on its side and loading up the Space Bridge Generator into it. As I attached cables and wires to the two, I found it to be a good time to ask something I'd been wondering from the start of this objective.

"Lord Megatron," I began, my voice slightly echoing due to the top half of my body being inside the open section of the Space Bridge. "What's the point of this, anyways? I mean, why worry about this Space Bridge when we could just fly back to Cybertron like Blitzwing, Starscream, Lugnut and I just did?"

Megatron crossed his arms over his chassis before replying in a bit of a stern tone. "With our own Space Bridge we will have the advantage of transporting supplies, resources, weaponry, as well as troops back and forth between Earth and Cybertron.." There was a brief pause before he continued. "There are more of us, Onix. Both here, as well as on Cybertron, all of which are hiding among the Humans and Autobots alike."

I continued my work as silently as I could, so that I could hear him. With half of my body inside the frame of the Space Bridge his voice was already a bit muffled, as well as any other noise that came from outside the Space Bridge in the room. "Ah...Well then. Makes more sense now." I added a few finishing touches, attaching several multi-colored wires from the space bridge to the space bridge generator. Finally I stepped away from the space bridge and closed the panel to cover the opening as well as the space bridge inside before stepping back and standing upright, placing my servos on my lower back and stretching, hearing a slight popping emanating from my spinal structure. "Ugh...There, finished." I turned and walked over to a monitor next to the massive structure, punching in a code on its holographic keyboard.

For a moment I could have sworn I heard Megatron's voice, but muffled into a whisper. The sound was quick, followed by literally three seconds of silence before the sound of Megatron's familiar pede-steps broke through the silence. I turned around, and upon doing so, I bumped into him, my optics immediately going wide. "Ah, uh, sorry, sir." Megatron hadn't even moved, or even flinched. He stood before me like a brick wall compared to an organic. 

His response was as if he'd completely ignored my apology, or even everything that just happened. He stood with his arms folded behind his back as he tilted his helm downwards to meet my gaze. 

"Once again you have proven yourself worthy of remaining a part of this cause.." He gave a slight tilt of his helm as if debating on how to continue his statement.

Pretending I couldn't tell he was doing so, I replied with a nod, saying, "Of course, sir..Thank you-" He suddenly took me by the chin, raising my faceplate so that I was looking directly up at him. I fell silent, my optics slightly wide. I was obviously unhappy and uncomfortable with the way he had me, but I had a feeling it would be best not to complain or try anything stupid...Not yet.

"Come to my quarters once the opportunity presents itself...Is that understood?" The Decepticon leader gave a slight tilt of his helm, followed by the narrowing of his sharp crimson optics. 

I was hesitant at first, then gave a solid nod in response before feeling one of Megatron's digits trail down the side of my neck. A chill quickly spiraled down my spinal structure, and I forced back a shudder. "Understood.." Without another word, Megatron removed his servo and walked back over to where he had originally stood, only to fold his arms over his broad spark chamber. Standing next to him, Blitzwing stood strong and tall with his arms folded as well. His posture was normal, but when I looked to his faceplate I found otherwise. His expression was blank, not to mention currently darkened by a shadow that was being cast over it due to his helm being slightly tilted downward, but behind his optics was a mixture of frustration, sadness, and hate. He stared forward at the space bridge, clearly fighting back what only his optics showed. Worry flooded my processor as I kept my gaze on him for another moment, still longing to find out what was wrong. A section of hell must have just frozen over, because for once, I was scared, not even being in a near death situation, which was the only time I showed fear as of recent.