Here We Go Again

Fillory my favorite escape has become my worst nightmare. But holy hell we made it. Well most of us. Julia and I dreamed about this our entire lives. We drew maps here and then we finally get here and she doesn't make it past the first page. The beasts minions as we can only describe them attacked and she was the casualty. The moths were everywhere that we couldn't see and there was a misfire on someone's battle magic. I don't know where to go from here. She is who got me to believe that magic was real how do I move forward in our magical escape without her. The only way I feel the need to move on is that her death won't be pointless.
"Q let's go" Alice gestured
We were on our quest still. We needed to find something to defeat the beast and fast. Time was running out.
"Q! Focus we need a plan" Alice yelled to snap me out of it
"Listen it sucks what happened. Okay. We're all sad. We all cared about her, but unless we all wanna die we need to get our heads out of the damn gutter and focus" Margo seconded which caught us all off guard
"I just think we need to make sure we have ourselves in check before we continue" I shared concerned
"Were in check" Elliot responded in his ever charming way
"I just think. One of us killed her. Battle magic, our battle magic. Killed her. DON'T YOU THINK WE SHOULD get to the bottom of it. We can't go in just swinging our magic around. We won't need the beast to kill us we'll kill ourselves" I finished frustrated and concerned
Everyone just stared at me after my freak out taking in what I said.
"Listen Quentin. None of us killed her. The beast killed her. He distorted our surroundings and caused this. He is who's to blame. You need to move forward from this because otherwise we aren't gonna have the strength to finish this." Alice comforted
"I just can't forgive myself if it was my magic that killed her. It would just be a perfect joke if I learned magic with her, only for me to use it to kill her." I sighed knowing she was right
"Dudee!! Just snap out of it and let's get this done. Ugh." Penny added snapping his fingers and pointing to their path ahead
We continued on tension building and defusing with ever step we took. But as the fear of what was ahead set in more no one cared about the past we just cared about surviving.
We finally got a tip about where to get a blade that could help us defeat the beast. There was one snag though none of us could lift the blade to use it. We had to venture to visit Umber. Margo, Alice, and I started on our way. Penny was working on some things and Elliot had some royal duties to attend too. They promised to meet up as soon as possible.
"I was wondering when you lot were gonna show up." Umber huffed as he made his way to his thrown.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Margo lashed
"Well your rare by this point, but not uncommon. These two on the other hand completely normal" he said pointing to me and Alice. "I see also you killed Julia again. Also normal" he finished as I shifted in my boots and I just noticed Alice's concerned look towards me
"Alright. enough. just, we came her for a reason. We need help....." I started before Umber interrupted me
"Yes. Yes. I know. You need the power to control the knife. Yes. We've done this before. I'm just not in the mood today. Drink this and you will have what you desire" Umber finished handing us the jar before asking us to leave.
We started on our way back to meet the others. We were about half way when light was snuffed out and it got dark. Flashes of the fight where we lost Julia popped in my mind. That's when I heard Margo.
"MOTHS!!"
Just then we were swarmed with moths. They were everywhere. We started swatting when I heard Elliot and penny. They arrived just in time for the nightmare.
"Oh Good just in time for a battle" Elliot exclaimed
"So the gang's all here" a creepy voice emerged from the swarm
"The beast" Alice almost whispered from beside me "it has to be you. Now" she added.
I took her advice and downed the jar. The power that rushed through my veins was intense. I have never felt so powerful. I was in control even though my brain was slightly out of control.
"ENOUGH" I yelled as everyone stood still
"Oh Quentin this should be good. I figured this time we would get this over with early and see how you handle it" the beast laughed
"Enough Martin we know it's you. So enough with your friends" I stated waving my hands around swatting a few moths in the process
Then he dropped the veil.
"I have to say I'm impressed you figured out it was me pretty early on this time. So let's see what you got" Martin poked
I reached for the blade as I felt a wind of power bulldoze me. My whole body flew before I got up and shot the same spell back at him. But before I could change my mind he was deflecting it and sending it towards penny. Penny flew and got up full of anger.
This set of a spell fire from everyone. Everything he threw at them was deflected or returned. This method took a turn when Alice tried to sneak up on him and shoot some battle magic. Martin turned to face her.
"Nice try" he laughed sending her battle magic right back at her. Alice went flying into a tree. There was a snap and her body hit the ground.
"ALICE" I screamed. She wasn't moving and slowly one after another was taken the same way. It was Elliot and I left.
"It's now or never" Elliot exclaimed patting me on the back giving me a look. Then he stepped back and started forming a large battle spell. He braced himself for the release before I swung the knife around and headed straight for Martin. I slashed him before I tried to go again and make more of a dent. Then I was flung up in the air my limbs flailing. He bent me backwards in a way that sent pain threw my now god fused blood.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw Elliot's body fly backwards. Then silence filled the woods.
"Ahh this was fun. You know I do get more and more impressed with your belief and eagerness. Let's do this again shall we" Martin finished with a snicker as I felt my veins spew and the power deplete from my body. He then let go of me as my lifeless body fell to the floor.
"It's a shame I can't take this god fused blood with me. Would definitely come in handy. Anyway" Martin finished smirking at me as my vision went black and I heard him whistle off till nothing.
"Here we go again" Jane whispered to herself as she sent the wheels in motion
"Wait I think he left something for you" Jane yelled after Quentin and Julia handing them an envelope before they headed out.
"Here's to 40" Jane added to herself as she went back to her cover.