A New Generation

Three young adults, fighting for what they believe will be worth their life. These three young warriors are going to go through with a plan, they believe, will be for something more important than fame or raising their status as a designated fighter. Daniel, Andrew, and Dianna, trained and ready for what they journey entails to them.

The three warriors rode their horses to a developing town, Old Tree's Hideout, and settled in the local pub. Andrew and Dianna were talking about something, but Daniel was just busy looking at a picture of both of his parents together. "They're dead." Daniel mumbled quietly. Andrew looked over at Daniel. "Hey, you feeling alright?" Andrew said. Daniel snapped out of his thoughts, and looked Andrew. "I-" Daniel's words were cut short, when two military officers busted into the room, and made a path for a familiar old man. Daniel stood up. "You!" Daniel said walking up to the man. The man's slicked back black hair, with grey patches in it, and his slightly wrinkled skin couldn't stop Daniel for recognizing him. "You're the bastard that killed my father!" Daniel yelled. "Easy son, you don't want to kill me here, you'll be killed before you could land a finger on me." The director's deep voice said. Daniel stepped back, with his arms out to his side. "What are you here for, then?" Daniel said. "I've come to talk to your friends here." The director said. The man walked past Daniel and started speaking to Andrew. "Listen, I understand that you are going to do anything to save your parents, but don't bother with it, you won't find what you are looking for, kid." The director said, then he turned around, and walked out the door, pushing Daniel by his chest out of his way. "Your father had to work with that man? Your father must be happy that he's no longer having to look at him anymore." Dianna said. The three returned to their drinks, when a man walked up to them. The man wore a long robe, with armor underneath. The man had a metal mask over his entire head, partly covered with the hood. "So, I heard that you are on a quest to find some people?" The man spoke with a deep, raspy voice. "I could assume that you two are the legend's son and daughter. And you, young man, are the Ace's son." The man said. The three nodded in agreement. "Follow me, I know some things that could help you out.

The group walked out and were ambushed by several Azrathian, Azathorian, and Atherial assassins. Daniel, Dianna, and Andrew were about to fight, but the man quickly took out the assassins. The three looked at the man, and got on their horses. "We must go to the realm of the spirits, they will give you the information you need to find The legend and his wife, and for you to redeem your father's name." The man said. Daniel nodded in agreement, and Andrew was getting impatient. Dianna stepped in front of the group, "How can we trust you?" Dianna said in concern. "I know things that I cannot explain right now, if you trust me, you'll find the truth." The man said. The man stuck out his hand, "Trust me." The man said. "Trust him, he's the only person who will bring us to our parents, Dianna." Andrew said. Dianna reluctantly agreed to the man's terms. "It's settled then, follow me." The man said. The three warriors hopped on their horses and followed the man out of the town. As they left, Daniel felt like a supernatural force was watching over him. Daniel heard a faint voice of a woman, "Daniel, your father wishes he could see you." The voice said. Daniel looked back to see two dark horses upon the hill, then they rode away. "Odd." Daniel said.

The three reached a clearing in a forest, and the man hopped off of his horse. "So, what can we call you?" Andrew said. "Call me Taven, it's the name I was given when I was recruited into the Azrathian military." Taven said. Andrew nodded. Taven pulled out a small jewel, and handed it to Daniel. "You will take this and you will find what's near and dear to you. Taven handed Andrew and Dianna an amulet, "This amulet will show you the path to enlightenment." Taven said. Andrew took the amulet and open a portal that had a purple tinge instead of the normal red, blue, and grey portals. "This is the realm of the spirits, I would assume?" Andrew said. Taven chuckled, "Indeed it is." Taven replied. Andrew and Dianna went inside, but before Daniel could enter, Taven pulled out a crossbow, and aimed it at horse down the path. Daniel saw where it was aimed, and kicked the crossbow out of his hands, "No, not that one. They won't be a problem." Daniel said. Taven picked up his crossbow, and put it away, and looked at Daniel angrily. Daniel went through the portal, and this new realm was similar to Acention. The sky was blue, completely void of clouds, there were knights wearing shiny armor, but the temples had a different style to them. "Welcome to the realm of spirits, travelers." A knight said, bowing to the three. The knight led the group to the main temple, where their emperor was. The emperor was tall, muscular, and had a long beard that touched his chest. "Emperor Darak, the warriors are here." The knight said. The Emperor turned and looked at the three, and laughed. "These are the guys? Where are the actually good fighters?" The Emperor said. "Listen, with all due respect, we are worthy of your presence. You believe we're weak because we're young, we come ot prove you wrong." Andrew said, with a smirk on his face. The Emperor nodded in respect. "Okay, let's see how you 'kids' fare against me then." The Emperor said with a smile. All around the three many knights appeared, taking off their cloaks. "Get them!" Yelled the Emperor.