pit-a-pat.

and the rain came down at an increasing speed, bouncing off the ground. it soon became a tremendous downpour.

min yeon wasn't impressed at all. raining now, out of all times? and in a forest, out of all places? it was definitely the right place and time for the sky to wail about whatever bad things it encountered today.

"— min yeon, i'm hungry." came jungkook, following behind min yeon. his palms were hovering above his head to cover and block the rain. min yeon let a sigh escaped her lips as she turned around and looked at him.

he looked fragile. he was so skinny that all she could see was just a small amount of meat surrounding his bones. his backbone was bent, just like how an old man would usually walk. in addition, his eyes were droopy for the insufficient amount of sleep.

her heart fell to the ground. it pained her deeply to see how a strong, healthy young boy becoming this state. maybe she shouldn't have brought him here. maybe she could have just gone here alone.

if he wasn't here, it would probably reduce the amount of pain that was stabbing into her heart right now, like a sharp knife going through.

"we're gonna find food, i promise." she gently patted his cheeks and almost jolted at how cold he was. determined, she turned to the front again, with one hand behind.

and she goes forward with the coldness of another palm on top of hers, but with the warmth of the feelings surging.

---

the rain didn't stop, and they didn't stop either. min yeon, too, was hungry. but there didn't seem to be any wild animals in this secluded forest.

"min yeon, are you okay?" she halted as soon as she heard that. she didn't want to turn around.

"why wouldn't i be?" was her reply. she felt a small tug on her hand. jungkook was feeling guilty again.

"min yeon, i think you should rest, there's no point finding right now—"

"no." she insisted firmly. but she turned around, with the stream of tears cascading down her cheeks, as if camouflaging with the rain, she was suddenly grateful for the rain.

i'm useless.

"believe in me, jungkook."

he gave her a weak smile, but his lips were still stretched to the end of his cheeks.

"i always do, min yeon."

———

guess who's back !!!

this will be another short story, & i hope ya'll will enjoy <3