Epilogue

Phil pushed the off-button from his Camera and exhaled. "Fffhhh...huh."He leaned back and slowly laid down on his bed, thinking what he could to do the rest of the evening. He recognised he was really hungry and got up. He thought about tidying his room after filming the video when he heard something. It was a very quiet noise, he could barely hear it but it was still there...it sounded a little bit like a howling dog but it was too human to actually be that. It had to come from Dans room, where else should strange noises come from? He got a weird feeling in his stomach and without thinking about it, he ran out of his room. Phil was just about to open Dans door to check if everything was okay when he painfully remembered their fight a while ago. He stopped abruptly, his hand freezing in the air just above the door latch.

Dan had told him to stop making Dans problems into his own but Phil didnt want to listen to him so Dan angrily left the room and- Phil shook his head like he wanted that memory to disappear. He pulled his hand back and listened. He could hear something whimpering every now and then. If you listened carefully it sounded like someone was laughing. There was Phil, standing in front of Dans door, too scared to walk in, dying on the inside because he was worried about Dan. He knew Dan was crying. But he couldn't help him. Dan didn't want Phil to help him. After standing there for like 5 Minutes, Phil decided to go to the kitchen to make himself some food, telling himsef Dan was just laughing. He got some things out of the frigde and roasted eggs when he heared Dans door getting opened. His stomach cramped into a small ball and he ran out of the kitchen to check if Dan was okay. He was too late, Dan had already gone into the bathroom. Phil got to the bathroom door and stood there, thinking if he should check if Dan was okay. Would it be awkward if he knocked and asked if everything was alright? He could hear the sound of the water, pouring into the bathtub. He couldn't just knock, he was too afraid of Dans reaction, too afraid of the truth he could find out if he would interrupt him now. He knew Dan had been into selfharm and the last time he saw Dan in the kitchen, Dan had stitches on his one hand and said he just"scratched his arm on a tree he ran into when he went out with the trash". Phil turned his back and slowly walked back into the kitchen, feeling like the most horrible person in the world. Back in the kitchen, he realised his eggs were getting kinda dark but he didn't care at that moment.

He sat down and placed his head in his hands, thinking about Dan. Dan, his best friend, he trusted and believed in all this time...but something was wrong with him. For one month now Dan had been very...different. At first Phil thought it was just a bad mood or some bad thoughts that were depressing Dan but it got worse. Dan often had red eyes from crying or he was silently sitting somewhere, staring at a wall with this deep sadness in his face. A week ago,Phil would've asked what's wrong. But after their fight, even talking was difficult. A few days ago, Dan let out all his anger on Phil. He shouted at him, told him to stop caring so much, told him to just leave him alone and go buy that shitty house in the forest that Phil always had dreamt of. He told him he didn't care about him, didn't need him. When he saw the tears in Phil's eyes, he whispered something like "sorry" and ran into his room. The two following days they had eaten in their rooms and only said things to eachother when they met in the kitchen or in front of the bathroom, never looked into each others eyes and only had smalltalk like "Oh you can use the bathroom first. I can wait." This cold strain between them hadn't been easy for both of them and Dan didn't seem happier.

Phil got dragged back into reality when the firealarm started making a squealing sound loudly. He realized his eggs were burnt to dark muck and were smoking as hell. He got onto a chair and tried stop the alarm which was sat on the seeling when suddenly a completly wet Dan with a towel aroud his hips appeared at the kitchens' door. They awkwardly stared at eachother until Dan said "...are you okay?". Phils heart made a jump. "Ye it's..nothing really..just the firealarm again" he said with a shy laugh at the end. Phils heart was beating fast. Had Dan been afraid that something had happened to him? "Oh...kay. Were you making scrambled eggs because it smells disgusting." Dan said with a giggle while he was walking towards the window. Phil laughed nervous and put the burnt scrambled eggs in the sink while Dan opened the window and cold air flooded into the room. Dan walked to Phil and put one of the spreads Phil had taken out of the Fridge back into the fridge and said quietly "You know I don't like this one, why do you keep putting it on the table every time?" Phil just laughed a bit and put the pan back in the cupboard. He turned around in order to take the bread and the spreads but he nearly bumped into Dan. He didn't apologise, didn't say anything, he just locked eyes with Dan. They were kinda red-ish pink and the normal, adorable brown. Dan stared back while his wet, slightly curly hair dripped water on the floor. They stood there for what seemed to be ages until Dan looked away. He whispered "Well...I'll finish the shower then. Uhm...are you putting a plate on the table for me as well? Phils stomach seemed to explode into butterflies.