Snapshots

Hello, I've never written a fan fic about anything, though boy, do I love to get engrossed in a good one. This is just a short little something I put together because Sabrina the Teenage Witch was one of my first favorite shows,  and I just wanted a little more to it. I'm not a writer, so hopefully it's not too terrible. Let me know what you think.

The old Victorian, still sturdy in its foundation, hummed silently with its years of disuse. The magic that used to fill it was sorely still lingering inside its four walls. The magic kept it youthful and alive, not to mention the teenage youth that used to inhabit it. Sabrina had not returned to the place she had called home for nearly four decades.

There were still photographs, furniture and tapestries adorning the rooms the last time she walked through the kitchen and out the back door. The glow of immortality was still vibrant on her face when she placed a sealing spell on the doors, so she would not be tempted to walk back in. The manor held her attributes of being centuries old and not looking a day over twenty.

With the sealing spell, she barged up all the memories of her childhood: her Aunt Hilda finicking with an old wind up clock, and her Aunt Zelda bubbling up a new witch's brew. She boarded up her high school dances, loyal friends and first loves, and all the consequences that followed. It was hard to lock up the faint memory of a wedding where she and Harvey had said, "til death us do part" in the library that had served as a portal to another world.

All the years they had spent together in that house, with romantic evenings, long work days that soon turned into family dinners with little padding feet, were barricaded with the witch's ping of her finger. Saying goodbye to those she loved was not a strong point of the wise old witch, so she chose instead to place it behind glass to preserve such precious artifacts.

That life was now gone, as mortals do not live forever. The rooms held silent tears, giggles, wails, and songs that signaled the life of a family that once was. The wooden halls trilled quietly in hallowed memories of Harvey loving Sabrina until his dying breath, and Sabrina whispering she would always be his throughout the universe. Magic had once and for all encased the house that held everything precious there is to live for, and yet, it held nothing at all.

The now dust-covered chairs and window sills still smelled of magic, but not all the magic was left behind by the fairy dust and incantations. Although it left the witch heartbroken, the house served as a reminder of magic more powerful than spells.