Chapter one ❙ The Note

Melinda rushed down the stairs with her books. "I'm going to Nanny Phoebes to study with P.J.!" she yelled loud enough for her mom to hear. Piper rushed to the bottom of the staircase where Melinda was. "I was hoping you could help me cook something today." Piper said with a frown. "Sorry mom, you know there's nothing I love more than to help you cook but I really need to pass this test. Maybe we can tomorrow?" asked Melinda. "Alright. But at least give me a hug before you go" Piper said. Melinda gave her mom a big, tight hug. "Ok I have to go, love you Mom." Melinda said. Before Piper could say a thing her daughter disappeared, leaving a pink light behind her.

Melinda appeared into her cousin P.J.'s room. P.J. is the first born daughter of Phoebe and Coop and she's the same age as Melinda. Her powers are Beaming, Remote Beaming, and Sensing. "Thanks for beaming me here" said Melinda. (Beaming is just like orbing except you appear with a pink light around you instead of a blue light) "No problem." P.J. said with a smile. P.J. also really resembled her mother. Melinda and P.J. were like the next version of Piper and Phoebe. Even though they had different powers than their moms. Melinda always felt closest to P.J. out of all of her cousins, like they had the most in common. They spent time together every day. Melinda placed the books on the desk in P.J.'s room. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Phoebe walked in. "Hey Nanny!" Melinda said excitedly, giving Phoebe a hug. She was really close to her family. "Hey my love" Phoebe said, giving her a kiss on the head. "What are you girls up to?" she asked. "We are about to study for this test that's in a couple of days." P.J. said. "Okay, have fun" Phoebe said with a laugh. "School is never fun." Melinda replied. "I used to feel the same way, darling" Phoebe said as she gently tapped Melinda's nose. "But it will be over soon. Only a few more years to go. You might actually miss it one day." Melinda and P.J. looked at each other then looked back at Phoebe. "Nah" they both said at the same time. "Can you guys read each others minds or something?" Phoebe asked jokingly. "Last I checked that wasn't one of my powers." Melinda said sarcastically. "Yep, I'm not a mind reader either." said P.J. A noise broke the conversation. "Mom! Parker stole my doll!" yelled Peyton from across the house. "You liar, why would I want your doll?!" Parker yelled back. "Oh great, I have to go handle this. See you girls later." Phoebe said as she closed the door to the room. "Your sisters are just like my brothers. Except my brothers don't fight over dolls, they fight over who can get a girlfriend first." said Melinda. P.J. laughed. "Ok let's get to boring studying" Melinda said as she opened up her book "What is this?" P.J. turned to the book and saw the note that was inside. "I don't know" she answered. "Go to the attic in the Halliwell Manor. In there you will find a feather. Follow to where it may lead, then explore what you've always wanted to see." Melinda said. "That's what the note says." "Hmm mysterious. Why don't we go do what it said?" P.J. asked. She was the type of person that liked to explore. Just like her mom. "It's kind of strange though. We never go in the attic anymore." said Melinda. "That's exactly why we should go." P.J. said. "Fine. But if we get caught, guess who I'm gonna blame." "Wyatt?" asked P.J. "No.. well... actually that might work. But no! I'm gonna blame someone who's name starts with a P and ends with a J." Melinda said. "Ohh I get it... Heyy!" P.J. said. Melinda laughed. "Alright we'll ask our parents if you can come sleep over tonight then when everyone is asleep, we'll go to the attic and find out what this is all about. Okay?" "Okay" P.J. said.