The First Day

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! My alarm clock went as I put it on snooze. I laid in bed as I thought about the day. "OMG!! I have to meet Jeremy!" I thought in my head. I quickly got dressed and grabbed a granola bar. I called an Uber as fast as I could so I wouldn't be late.

As I headed into Starbucks, I saw Jeremy. This would be a new beginning ever since what happened before summer. "I'll get that for you," Jeremy said as he opened the door. "Thanks," I say. We both go up to order a frappe, when I see a familiar car. "Jeremy, is that your car?" I ask. "Yeah, why?" He says. "Don't you remembe---" I stop as a tall, thick man walks in coming from the car.

Flashback

"What's wrong?" I ask Jeremy. "You remember what I told you...about my mom and how she got kidnapped?  Well, yesterday the FBI found her dead in a dark gray van with the license plate : FW8S36R.  They never found who murdered her, but they found a note that said: 'Dump the body, or else'.  I guess they never got to dump her." Jeremy said as he cried his eyes out. I didn't know what to say. This was very hard on Jeremy since his father left him at a young age (This is what happened before summer started).

"You see that man that just walked in? He came from your car," I say. "Really? He did?" Jeremy says as I can tell he's being sarcastic. "Why aren't you getting worried? Do you even know this man? He's coming up to us now," I say. "That's my dad you idiot. I'll tell you the story later. Act normal," Jeremy says.

>>>

After leaving Starbucks, Jeremy and I headed to an abandoned house. We would always go there, it was our "hotspot". Jeremy started to explain how he got back in contact with his father. "I was all alone and his phone number was the only one I could remember." He says, though I could tell he was lying.

He would never forget my number, even for the world. Why is he lying?

"So I called him. And he answered." He said though he was still lying. I had known Jeremy since kindergarten and I could tell when he was lying. He would always look down, like he was ashamed of something. Like he was scared of any consequences.

"I was surprised when he actually came to the park we chose to meet at." He said still looking down. "Then we-"

"Jeremy, why are you lying to me?" I asked him, interrupting his sentence.

"I'm not"

"Yes you are. You're looking down continuously. " I say as his face starts to turn red. "Hello...Why are you lying?" I repeat, but he still doesn't answer.

"If I tell you, you have to promise not to tell a single soul. Actually...you have to swear on Stranger Things." Jeremy says.

Stranger Things is my favorite Netflix Original. How dare he say something like that?

"Okay...fine, " I agree though I may not keep that promise. Little did I know, that we he was about to say next, would change that promise forever.

A/N

So, how did you like the first chapter of OTOS? This is my first work ever. I'm sorry that this chapter was so short but I promise the next will be much longer. I always have a busy schedule so I don't how often I'll update this book. Also, if you see any mistakes, make sure to comment cause I don't edit my story often.

Anyways, thank you for reading this.

QOTD: What is your favorite show (if you have one)? Mine is a Stranger Things as you can tell.

Make sure to Vote, Share, and Comment!!! That will make me more inspired to write more. Also, follow me for updates on when I post a new chapter.

XOXO,
Naomi