Foreword

NOTE

Hello! I've had this book in my works for a while now and I'm actually finally putting it up, I have just been waiting for the right time, so as not to spoil anything.

Please bear in mind that this is a side-project that won't take my main focus from my other book, 'Temporary'.

Quickly, no you do not need to read 'Temporary' to understand this book as it is a side story with very little to basically none of the events happening in Temporary. However if you do want to go check out Temporary, that would be great, you will meet the main character for this book... just a bittttt older than what he is in this book.

SYNOPSIS

Things were easy for little six year old Eli Baca, but everything changed so fast and it left the little boy confused.

From his favourite person in the whole world, the woman he would forever love and let her guide him through the light, died. He went to her funeral but that was the last normal thing he ever had for the next oncoming years.

To the hits and the punishments, at such a young age... he was always so confused to why this was happening to him, was he not good enough?

Trying so hard to be the perfect son, but seemingly failing miserably, he gives up.

At the fun age of entering double digits, he couldn't remember the last time he had a birthday present.

But through all the darkness, there was someone, always there. Just there. Not really paying mind to the dark nights at home or the cold nights on the streets when he did something 'wrong'. This someone always wanting to be in Eli's life but Eli was full of hate... no love.

It was rough at first but he slowly allowed himself to be friends with someone, then everything came crashing down and it was life or death... literally.