Forget Me Not

Disclaimer: Hunter x Hunter and its characters belong to Yoshihiro Togashi-sensei.

Artwork'scredits to its rightful creator. 

A/N: Despiteall the fuss around Alluka's gender, in this work he will be depicted as agirl.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a huge ordeal for Killua Zoldyck to find a method to heal his best friend Gon Freecss. The white-haired assassin even had to face his own family, just for the sake of his most important person, whose light cleaned up every trace of darkness in Killua's heart.

The Zoldyck family was torn apart ever since Killua released Alluka from her confinements, who was considered her as a "thing" rather than a blood relative part of their clan. Only Killua showed genuine family love and tender compassion, so it was his duty to protect his sister from that brother who wanted to put some Nen-based needles to manipulate Alluka's ability.

Nothing mattered to Killua as long as Gon could be back on his feet.

Determination took over Killua's mind and he dealt with extreme situations such as facing his manipulative elder brother, who was—unbeknownst to Killua—assisted by Hisoka, that deceptive man whose interest in Gon was quite unnerving and was beyond any reasonable explanation.

And finally, Gon was healed by Alluka Zoldyck, mission complete—apparently a success.

However, the young hunter noticed there was something wrong going on with him, he could perceive it in his surroundings as well. Gon's quick and unexpected recovery was a trending topic among doctors, nurses and other patients in the hospital. Certaintly his situation was one of a kind in the medical records, which was like a checkmate even for the most skilled doctors in the country.

Unfortunately for Gon, he had to stay at the hospital for a while longer because it was required to run some tests, so that the doctors could discard any possible side effects after that stunning but scary recovery.

As the young hunter walked around the main hall with his usual bright smile and accompanied by his fellow hunters and friends, the medical staff just smiled and waved at the cute boy. Nevertheless, as soon as he turned his back to them and kept walking, some cruel whispers reached his acute hearing "Have you heard about his recovery?" two young nurses began their conversation, hiding behind the desk "They say it was some black magic from a cursed child?" a newbie nurse had joined in their gossip "Is he some kind of monster?", the others asked at the same time "I can't believe that such cute boy could be an atrocious being". Those rumours came through as sharp as blades and hurt Gon's feelings. From the group of hunters, Leorio noticed his friend's sudden change of mood, growled and shot a deathly glance at the group of nurses—who apparently had nothing else to do. All of them gulped, blushed with embarrassment and pretended to be busy with other patients. The soon-to-be-doctor scoffed and his arms wrapped Gon in a paternal-like embrace, leading him outside with the rest of the group.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not too far away from the hospital, a handsome red-haired magician in his late twenties and in a quite peculiar outfit, was scheduling his next personal mission. The long awaited fight against Chrollo was just around the corner, his dream finally was coming true and the tedious search was over. There was no way to hide his excitement for a match where he'd have to fight the man of the inverted cross, another floor master at Heaven's Arena. Both fighters settled their date. Considering that the match will take place within three days, Hisoka took it as an opportunity to visit Gon. For some unknown reasons, the magician wanted to visit the person whose presence drastically disturbed him...for as long he could remember.