The Unknown Ivy

Daisy leaped down the same crooked cobble path, the cracks were like openings in the earth's crust containing creatures wanting to escape. I watched as she ran to the birch tree, the bark looked as if it peeling off like it was rotting skin; ivy coiled the branches, a spidery knot of never ending twists and turns. The house spread out before me, though the forest nearby was just a jungle of bleached skeletons which once belonged to dead trees, it was home. It'd always been like this, and our family loved our home.

Rose placed her soft hand on my shoulder, she tilted her head down to look me in the eye, "Don't worry Iris, father and mother will be back soon."

"I hope your right," I replied bitterly, my voice's venom seeped into her round hazel eyes corrupting the happiness behind it, until it was clouded with little emotion.

Above me the sky stretched far and long, ignoring the hard stare from my sister, I followed the never ending carved patterns forged into the walls climbing up the house. Every line was made with smooth movements however the picture painted was crooked; ivy wrapped around a tall leaning tower, then once the leaves had reached the top of the disguised prison, a large scaly beast perched on the only window'sledge. It's tail swarmed in thorns, large horns creating a mask used for disguise just like the locked tower. Never opening to others,never truly what it seemed.

 Daisy was now at the oak door, she reached upwards her fingertip's just able to clasp the handle before she pushed forwards with might.Creaking loudly the door moved inwards, however the welcoming sight of an open home masked the cries from the hinges as it screeched in agony.