Tumbleweed - Avi Kaplan Fanfic

Hey Guys! I know, I shouldn't be posting anything else since I already have two stories on hold.. But I got inspirate. LOL 

So this one is something new, I think. I haven't read anything like this yet, so I was thinking it may be a good idea writing a story about a very young Avi and a very young love. 

Just try to enjoy this and.. As usual I'm sorry for the bad grammar :/ You're free to correct me ! 

Love ya'!

_________________________________________________________________________

Yellow, the color of my shoes. They’re quite dirty, actually. Mom asked me not to play in the garden today, but dancing in the rain has always been something I like a lot, so I put my rain boots on and went out. When she saw me covered in mud she got really angry she and dragged me inside , trying to clean the mud from my clothes. ' We're late ! The Kaplans are waiting for us and you jump in the mud ? ' . Yes, very angry indeed. She rushed in the living room looking for a pair of clean shoes for me, but since she couldn’t find them she cleaned the ones that I was wearing. I like these boots. Yellow is my favorite color. Or maybe it's green? Green...Green like the grass. Like the trees . Green like daddy’s coat. Green like ... like the dragon toy on the carpet in front of the couch. Green like the curtains in the neighboor’s living room. Shelly and Michael Kaplan . Mom said that they invited us for a cup of tea in the afternoon , they wanted to welcome us into the neighborhood. I, in my whole wight years old life, I have always thought ‘a cup of tea in the afternoon’ was a British thing . Mom said that they are not British, not only British people drink tea in the afternoon , she reminded me that I also have hot tea when I have a stomach ache . Maybe they are Americans with a stomach ache . I look up at Mrs Kaplan. It doesn’t  seem like she as a stomach ache. She looks at my mother , her green eyes lifted in a smile and her face framed by blond hair. Mr. Kaplan is sitting next to his wife . He looks like he’s very strong and he has a mustache . My dad didn’t have a mustache , mom always said she didn’t like it. But she’s smiling at Mr Kaplan anyway. I don’t know what they're talking about, but suddenly a noise comes from the kitchen and Mrs. Kaplan turns to look at her husband.

"Oh, the cake!" She gets up and turns to me. "Want to help me with serve it, dear? My daughter Esther is grown over this, she doesn’t want to do it anymore. "

I turn to my mother and she smiles encouraging me . I leave her in the living room talking with Mr. Kaplan while I follow Mrs Kaplan in the kitchen.

"Mrs. Kaplan ..." She turns to me and smiles again .

"Call me Shelly , honey. ‘Mrs. Kaplan' sounds like I’m old . "

"Mom said to call you that, though. "

"You’ve got a fast tongue" She chuckles, pulling out the pan from the oven. An amazing scent fills the room and before I know it I close my eyes , breathing deeply .

"Mom!" I turn to the voice and I see a boy of my age rushing into the kitchen climbing up on a chair next to the table. “I smelled cake!”

"Avi Kaplan! We have guests." Shelly scoldes him, pointing at me. He turns and he stares at me me for a while before smiling and approaching me.

"Hi!" He holds out his hand. "I'm Avi. What's your name?"

"F- Flora. " I murmur , shaking it.

"Flora?" He repeats , frowning. Then he smiles again. " Well , would you like some cake?"

"Ah- ha!" Avi turns to his mother letting go of my hand. "First, you’re going in the living room to introduce you to Mrs. Reed. "

"But .. "

"No buts , boy. You’ve alredy been impolite coming down just now. "

"Yes , Mom." He sighs and walks out of the kitchen. I stare at him as disappear through the door.

"Flora , dear?" Shelly smiles at me as she slice a piece of cake and puts it in a plate, handing it to me “Could you help me with this?"

I nod and smile , holding the plate with two hands , walking slowly in the living room. Avi is smiling at my mother, sitting on Mr. Kaplan knees . I place the plate in front of him and he turns smiling. I smile too, as I go back in the kitchen to take another plate.