Prologue

Prologue

14 months earlier..........

My stomach flipped with nerves as I neared his dorm room. I got to the door and knocked on it. I don't really know why I was nervous. The door was swung opened and standing in between it was Tony. His chocolate brown hair was madded to his face from the post practice sweat. He stood wearing shorts and a white wife beater. He is looking good today. I can tell by the tired look in his amazing sky blue eyes that he was tired. Tony and I had just started college at UGA. Well I don't officialy start until next week but he plays football and today was the first day of practice.

Tony and I have been dating since junior year. People were always envious of our relationship. Our parents think we're going to get married and I can't help but think they're right. I walked into the door as he swung it open further and wrapped my arms around his waist before getting up on my tippy toes and kissing him. The kiss was slow until he deepened it. We stopped kissing after a while to catch our breath.

"Hey baby I missed you."

"Yeah I missed you too Jordyn. Come on so we can eat. I didn't know what to make so I just ordered chinese food."

I followed him into the kitchen leaving behind the nervousness with each step I took. Chinese food is like the greatest foreign food in the world. I love chinese food I mean I can eat chinese food all day.

"So how was your first day of practice?"

"Rough. I thought coach was hard in high school this dude is like freakin superhuman but it's worth it I mean you know the footballl team is like unstoppable."

"Yeah and you're going to make it even better."

I grabbed the chopsticks and put some noodles in my mouth. Hmmmm. I really love chinese food. I closed my mouth and savored the taste as it slid down my throat. This is my first time eating chinese food down here in Athens, Georgia but now I'm going to become a regular. I opened my eyes and saw Tony's amused face staring at me.

I swallowed the food that I had just put in my mouth before smiling in embarassement.

"What, is there something on my face?"

I picked up the napkin and wiped my face but there was nothing on it.

"You must've been really hungry. I have never heard you moan while eating."

I felt heat on my face from me blushing and then I remembered that I wanted to talk to him.

"Antonio can we talk?"

I know that Tony was confused at the fact I called him by his full name when I only do that when I'm mad or have something important to say. I turned my chair so that we are directly in front of each other.

"Jordyn what's wrong?"

"I'm pregnant."

The room went silent as he took in what I just said. I could hear my heart beating because it was too loud. It felt like hours with him just standing there looking like a statue.

"How could you do this? How can you be so irresponsible? We just started college why would you throw that all away?"

"Me, it was both of us and I didn't do anything but make love to the love of my life."

Tears threatened to erupt and I pushed them back.

"I don't want a kid not when my life is just starting to happen. I need time to think."

"Antonio wait please."

I watched as he walked away from me. The tears exploded and I ran out the door not looking back.