Chapter 1 The Boy

Maya wake up,your going to be late for school! Nana yelled from the room over.Okay...I'm getting up.I slowly got up from my bed.I turned on my radio as I got ready for school."Good morning Harlem!"Its October 11, and the forecast is the low of 41 degrees and the high of 51.Its a little foggy out the-,then I turn off the radio.Hurry Maya your going to be late for school again Nana repeated,Jonsey already left!Ugh,Jonsey is my big brother......he's a jerk.I quickly ran out my room and into the kitchen.I saw Nana making a huge cup of coffee.

Better get to school,I'm not taking you again Nana warned me.I quickly gave her a kiss on the cheek and ran out the door.School is just a few blocks away.....I can make it,I thought to myself.I started to walk to school.I looked around the beautiful neighborhood Harlem had to offer. Amazing and beautiful street arts filled the streets,people with pretty dyed hair,cool tattoos,ear and piercings on almost everyone.Everyone is hip and fashionable.......I LOVE HARLEM!All of a sudden a boy bump into me.The boy wore a blue hoodie,sweat pants,and he looked around my age...I THINK,the boy practically had no face!Hey! I yelled.Watch were your going he said back.He kept walking.

He kept walking

Hold the heck on, you bumped into me fool!I yelled.I turned around and the boy was gone.Were did that little boy go? I asked myself.Everyone on the street looked at me,like I was crazy!Who ya talking to?I turned back around. Stella! am glad to see you!Stella is bestest friend in the galaxy!I have been friends with Stella FOREVER. I explained what happened to her as we walked to school. WOW,talk about rudeness,Stella said.I know right,but the weird thing is he just disappeared,I said. Well he might have just walked fast,said Stella.

 Well he might have just walked fast,said Stella