8.

8.

Once we had gotten back in to the truck, Nick seemed fidgety and nervous.

"You don't have to take me back to your house." I said. If he was going to react like this, maybe it was better he dropped me back home. I didn't want him to feel nervous and unready.

"No." He gruffed. "I've just never taken a girl back to my home. It's nothing much, so don't get your hopes up, I don't live in some golden trimmed apartment with floor to ceiling windows."

"Neither do I, you dick head." I rolled my eyes but smiled. Who cared where he lived? I was already honoured that I was the first woman who was going to see his home.

Nick chuckled. I enjoyed the sound, especially when he had been the way he was tonight.

"I'm just warning you, that's all."

"Is that it?" I questioned. He couldn't have just been worrying over the fact he thought his house wasn't good enough for me to see.

"Yeah."

"Is it?" I pushed further. He looked to me through the side of his eyes and sighed.

"This is a big step for me. You've quickly turned in to something more than what I've had with anyone else."

"In a bad way?" I had to ask.

"No. It's just going to take some time getting used to. I'm twenty eight, I should have had at least one serious relationship by now, but truth is, I haven't."

"Why?" Nick shrugged.

"Because I haven't wanted to spend more than one night with anyone else." My heart wanted to burst with joy. I had spent more than one night with Nick already, and here he was taking me back to his home.

I know I shouldn't let my hopes run too high, there was always a chance Nick was keeping me around for his sexual benefit rather than anything else, however, I had made it further than any other girl who spent the night with a Nick. To me, that meant something, at least.

"Lots of broken hearts, then." I replied. I hoped I wasn't another broken heart he could add to his jar. I hoped it would never get that far.

It was way too early to say I loved Nick. However, I really liked him and he was so easy to love. So so easy. I knew I wasn't the only one who wanted to spend more time with him, to want his attention.

I knew Nick had broken a lot of hearts. It was inevitable with him being the way he was and looking the way he did.

"They knew what they were getting in to. I never signified to them that I wanted more." He gave out a small, harsh laugh. "Not until I met you, anyway."

"Are you regretting wanting to take me home?" I turned in my seat to see him. He turned his head to gauge my reaction, to see how I felt.

All in all, I was just curious. It wouldn't hurt me now if he had told me we were going too fast for his liking.

"Sit back in your seat properly." Nick demanded as he drove through the country lanes. The car swerved as he sped down the narrow lanes.

"You haven't answered me, officer." I rolled my eyes again as I sat properly in my seat, like instructed.

"Don't call me officer." He growled. "Or I won't be accountable for my actions. You want to role play, Angel, I'll only be more than happy to oblige." With the thought of role play and seeing Nick handle the truck with control, I didn't think I had wanted anything more.

"Yes, please." Nick's hand shot out to squeeze my knee gently.

"No. You're too fragile for that at the moment. Besides, I thought we could just watch TV and eat?" He looked to me, his lip stuck in between his teeth. I couldn't stop looking at him. I wanted him, I wanted him more than I had before.