Percival Graves

Chapter One:

Percival Graves

Percival was looking at himself in the light for the first time in long while, his once crisp white blouse was tainted with old and new blood from the gashes in his chest and his tailored pants wrinkled and torn in a few places, the ends covered in dried mud. Percival had finally escaped from the dark room that was settled under the brick house behind him. The Auror looked at the looming common brown brick houses that made up the alleyway. 

A foul stench protruded from the end where a small dump of trash was settled. Percival grimaced and walked the other way, his mind was set on his surroundings and after going left and right and so on following the sound of rowdy voices that bounced within the walls. The wizard walked further and could now make out a few words and the accent immediately gave away that of an American. Percival sighed in relief, at least he hadn't ended up somewhere far away from the land he called home. 

Percival needed to get back to MACUSA, his hand automatically slipped to his side pocket, but groaned, again reminded that the one thing that made one a magic wielder was taken away from him. The wand was most likely with his capturer, but the loss of it and not knowing where it was left him feeling anxious and on edge, he was accustomed to wandless magic but one could only do so much without it. It seemed he had to find his way back to MACUSA the No-Maj way. 

The light blinded him for a moment as he stepped out of the alleyway onto the busy street, eyes searching around for anything that would tell him where he was. Percival tried to remember how and where he was taken, but that night had become one big black blur. Across the street, Percival spotted a bakery shop. The display window gave a welcoming feeling with its light blues and yellows which jumped out against the gloomily coloured ones that made out the rest of the street. Golden letters on the fascia stated the name of the shop.

~ Kowalski Bakery ~

Percival read the name over and over again and for some reason, he knew that name or thought he did. It sounded soo familiar in his ears, Kowalski. Percival dug in the memories from before his capture. The last thing he could clearly remember was that an English wizard, by the name of Scamander that had let a few magical beasts loose in New York, accompanied by their own Tina Goldstein and a No-Maj who'd somehow ended up in the whole ordeal. It was the same night that Percival was swiped away into the darkness by a stupefying spell was cast on him. Suddenly it came to him, the No-Maj, his name was Kowalski, Jacob Kowalski. Percival could only hope that this bakery was owned by that same man and that the Auror had been in New York all along. 

He crossed the street trying to blend into the crowd and by so avoiding any unwanted attention. The wizard looked through the glass and saw the No-Maj Kowalski standing behind the counter as he was wrapping up some oddly shaped loaves of bread and cookies for a woman in front of him. Percival was relieved to know that he was still in New York. The Auror now recognized a few other buildings, on which he now knew was Rivington street. Apparently, he'd been held captive in one of the backstreet alleys in the darker parts of New York. 

Now knowing where he was, Percival headed to the Woolworth building which housed MACUSA. Crossing a few streets the Auror finally arrived at 233 Broadway, before entering Percival noticed that he was exhausted as his breath was deep and heavy. The wizard slid a hand through his hair to compose himself before walking through the revolving door. Percival was immediately greeted by the familiar bustling activity of MACUSA and the large Magical Threat Exposure Clock hanging ominously from the ceiling in the middle of the main hall. It always reminded him of the constant danger wizard and witches lived and the importance of his position in MACUSA.