Moving On

"Okay, I'll come clean here. He talks about you. A lot. Yes, I think he loves you."

"But you didn't want to tell me... did you? How long have you known?" you urgently ask. You must know.

Two whole years it had been now. Two years since your husband left you and everything behind. You took so long to build yourself back up again, to allow yourself to fall in love with another. Taehyung had been your rock since Jungkook left you and somewhere along the way, you believe you have fallen in love with him; how could you not? He was charming, kind, patient... everything your husband wasn't.

However, there was pretty much only one thing, one person, trying to get in the way of you confessing: Jimin. In your past lives, Jimin was Jungkook's best friend, yet he got left behind too. But still Jimin insists on sticking up for Jungkook despite being the only one, besides yourself and Jungkook, to know every little detail and almost witness all of it - from you and Jungkook meeting each other, to the marriage... to him running away the night after you caught him red handed.

Avoiding the second question, Jimin replies "You're right y/n, I don't want you to be with him."

"Are you kidding me? You know how long I've waited for this; you of all people should know the pain, the heartache I've been through..."

"It takes two y/n; you took him for granted, still."

"Of course I took him for granted" you tell him earnestly, certain to maintain the seriousness in your eyes. "He took me for granted first; I had to cease giving him my all, my everything."

"So I suppose it was okay to take him for everything he had, long after you fell out of love with him?"

"I could have given him the world - well, my world, you get what I mean, and he just drained me; took it all and still took it from other people anyhow! You'll most likely call this an excuse but it was intrinsically inevitable - I snapped, sick of being taken for a mug! I knew it had been happening for a while, but... Do you have ANY idea how I felt that night when I came home to see him lying in our bed with some... some girl!? And the really ridiculous thing? I was honestly, I swear to God, going to give him another chance! I know I'm not perfect and maybe at some point, my behaviour drove him into the arms of another – many other – women... and..."

Tears are pouring down your face, disguised by the aggressive rain, and you just wanted to get inside and curl up in a wet soggy ball... You quite frankly don't want to continue with this pathetic, emotional monologue type speech you are giving right now, but you haven't quite said everything yet.

"...We were a mess: I know we were! But you have no idea how badly I wanted it to work, to have the 'perfect' marriage, yet how misunderstood I always felt! If he couldn't handle me, he should have said so, spoke to me, shouted at me, anything!" you exclaim, throwing your arms up in frustration. "He could have even applied for a divorce for fuck's sake!" you sob, remembering how hurtful it was to know that those nights Jungkook was working over time were spent in hotel rooms or stranger's houses.

"And yes, maybe I was no longer as upset as I used to be when it happened the last time - the cheating, I mean - but how was I to know he'd disappear off the face of the earth?! I know you're upset that you lost your best friend and that it may or may not be my fault, but you can't stop me from moving on! I know you value Tae just as much as you did Jungkook but I promise I will never intentionally hurt him!"

You make Jimin look up by placing your finger beneath his chin and you take hold of his limp hands

"You've got to trust me; please..."

If you're completely honest with yourself, you aren't even sure why you're having to explain yourself this much to Jimin: Jungkook was the one that cheated, and Jungkook was the one that took the small problems and made them into one huge problem by dealing with them by sleeping around.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Feb 19, 2017 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Moving Onजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें