Rude Awakenings ⚡️

DJ's POV

I awoke thrashing, screaming and cussing. My voice quietened to my raspy, morning whispers which echoed through my room. Beads of sweat trickled down my forehead. I fluttered my tightly shut eyes open and in my hand was my slender golden bow. Three arrows were stuck in a dead straight line in the wall besides me. "Shit..." I muttered angry with myself. I desperately hoped I had not awoken anyone...
again.
My hopes quickly faded once I heard a knock on the door. "DJ? You okay?" a low, husky voice asked. "Yeah, Kolt...sorry for the wake up call..." I answered with a sigh as I stretched out my arms, linking my fingers as I felt and heard the relaxing click of my bones. I swung my legs off my bed as I moved to take the three arrows out of the wall. "It's okay...wanna come on dawn patrol with me?". "Yeah sure" I replied with a yawn. "Okay, we'll leave in fifteen." he mumbled through the door before I heard his heavy footsteps slowly fade away. I quickly hopped into the shower and stripped, the cold water relaxed my tense muscles...I was used to the cold, I never liked bathing in warm water mainly due to the fact when I was younger, I had to bath in cold water so that my sister could shower in the warm...we didn't have enough money for warm water. For all three of us. So I made a small sacrifice and it grew into a habit that I liked. I hopped out, wrapping a towel around myself, as I walked out, leaning on the bathroom door frame and gazing around my room thinking: 'How the hell did I end up here?' A question I always seemed to ask myself, a question which might never be answered.
I sighed. The room was amazing, I must say. It had the whole of the East and South wing wall made of, well as one would say bulletproof glass we would say sword/arrow proof as, that is what it is meant to stop, it stopped any swords or arrows to penetrate, yet I will have a full view of outside and of any enemy intruders spying on us as well as being able to alert anyone of my teammates if necessary. It also has the best sunsets and warmth than any other room. My roof was also arrow proof, yet the side made of steel to handle even the heaviest of storms, I can tell you that this house will not go down without a hell of a fight. The west wing was my cupboards, a walk in cupboard, not my idea by the way I mean but anyway it is convenient. The North wing of my room held my bed which faces to the south. On the cupboards it had a picture of the sunset with a lake. Above my headboard held all my quotes, sayings and values that mean the most to me as well as visuals, which I can proudly say that I drew myself, the wall having been sprayed with chalk paint.
I moisturized myself and went into my walk in closet, mirrors were basically everywhere with clothes all overt the place, a crystal chandelier hanging in the middle from the ceiling. I looked into one of the sections to check for an outfit. I picked out an outfit which consisted of grey sweats, a black crop top...which showed off my toned abs and my Nike trainers, all Nike so as you should be able to tell...it's my favourite brand, I felt cold and a bit exposed so I grabbed my Nike sweatshirt, rolling up the sleeves. I tied my hair back into a high ponytail,  still my hair reached my ass.  I looked in the mirror, my face was said to be 'beautiful' or 'drop-dead gorgeous'... yet I could see none of it, all that stared back was a below-average-girl. My hair was a golden waterfall of honey, cascading down my back, silky and soft. My lips full and pink and my skin were tanned. My eyes were electric blue and it swirled with molted gold or a honey color. My long black eyelashes framed my eyes and my eyes seem like I wear eyeliner, which people have questioned me about, nearly getting a dagger to the heart.
Well that's how some people well technically all people who are kinda close say even saying I have the most breathtaking smile, when the hell have they seen me smile?
I grab my slender bow and my quiver filled with the golden arrows, all having my initials on it DJ. I feel pride as I wear them on my back. I made my way downstairs, finding Kolt lying on the couch, sharpening his weapons. I watched him, studying him for a second:
He had shaggy black hair with piercing, icy blue eyes and a very muscular, athletic body with a killer smirk;
I sighed then started to walk. "Let's go Fuck Nut" I said and smirked and opened the sliding door.  He rolled his eyes and followed me. "So partner, how was sleep?" Kolt asked making his way beside me and shutting the door as the morning air bit at my exposed cheeks.  "Another nightmare" I said with a sigh. "Noticed that" he said with a smirk. "I meant, what it was about?" he asked. I always told Kolt about my dreams; he was my best friend and partner. "Just my past with my dad, you know the usual with Cole. Him beating me and such" I said looking away, seeming to be alert, but only trying to not make eye-contact.
"Sorry" he said sincerely, knowing how much it pains me to talk about the past. "It's Ok, anyway. So, who's taking duty tonight and leading the killing party at sun high?" I asked (sun high, meaning 12:00 am.) "Well, I decided that tonight it will be Ross and Kodi?" he said with a thoughtful look. "And leading the party should be me." He said thinking.
Oh, I forgot to mention Kolt was the leader of our team the Dark Shadows. I was supposed to be the leader, I gave it up, I mean, I don't know how he manages it, how would I? Taking all the teams lives into my hands? I'd rather not, so I gave it to him, I'm deputy though, way better then leader if you ask me. I make the confirmations, Kolt respects my decisions. I was given the decision of being leader because I've been here the longest (since I was thirteen) and 'show the traits of being one', or so I was told.  "And who's going in the party?" I asked curiously as I checked our surrounding. "Trent, Jet and I with you, Brady and Roxy" he said with an approving nod. "Ok, so that'll leave Ethan,  Ross, Leo, Britney, Celes and Kodi to protect the house, yup that's great" I agreed with a smirk.
I looked up at the house we lived in, huge as big as a mansion The whole of the west wing was glass, at the top was my room and at the bottom was the sliding door we came out of, it led into the  living room which consisted of white leather couches and a white coffee table in the middle and on the wall was a flat screen TV. The kitchen was there too, it had a slab of marble with four chairs on one side, where you could have your breakfast. On the other side it had a fridge and a sink on the left. This was the biggest room in the house. A hall and stairs led to the game room, consisting of a pool table, and arcade games. Downstairs was the pool area and a gym where we practiced our fighting skills. Upstairs was all the rooms, and take another flight of stairs you get to another set of rooms, my room was on that floor.
This was a luxury house, that came with a deadly price, would've been better if we didn't have to be trapped on this stupid island to fight to the death. It took a lot of blood (literally), sweat and tears to get this goddamn house, you see, you have to kill a certain number of people to get an upgrade in different areas. When I first got here, we were living like the prey, under a waterfall with nothing but nature, then we started killing people, against our will and for the better of our team and our survival, and slowly we developed to a mansion as a reward for the mass killings whilst the predators, opposing team,  downgraded as they lost day after day. Now the teams have swapped as we are now the predators and they are the prey.
You see the whole point of the game is gaining money from the people who bet on who will win a fight between two people, which team will win or who will die. You just bet on either team or person. Every month the people of the games we, call them the 'Jokers', come and bring food and new weapons, we have more medieval weapons because they want more of a bloody battle. Everyone left in the world are forced to watch us, the Jokers destroyed all the other continents, except South America, since they are from there. If someone does not watch it or bet, they are dead, well from what I heard. They fly to us in a helicopter from an actual country to deliver, since they don't want us, their pets, to starve.
We, The Predators, are normally winning team, meaning we kill the other teams' members more then they kill ours. Normally the Jokers tell us we will be released when the other team or our team is fully killed, but they only try to raise our hope, although we are never fooled. They've been telling me that for five years now. They always bring more people to take the place of those eliminated/ killed. Same thing happens for the other team and I'm sick of lies, being lied to.
Kolt and I had finished our tour around the boundaries and house, it was clear and no intruders seemed to be in sight as we entered back into the house.
I saw some of my team watching TV and some others eating breakfast as I entered. My sister, Celes was busy making breakfast for the whole team. She grinned at me then got back to work, I keep on asking myself: How is she my sister? She is beautiful and I'm not. Her hair is a rich chocolate brown with darker highlights, her eyes are hazel green and her skin color is a perfect tan, she has perfect pink lips and just the best body anyone could ask for. She sang a song as she worked her voice something an angel would have. She had a set of fresh pancakes for me. "No thanks, Celes. Maybe give them to Kolt, my appetite is gone" I said with a wry smile. "Ahh, but I made them for you!" she begged. I sighed and took one. "Ok, I'll have one but give the rest to Kolt" I said with a smile the bit into the hot pancake. "Sure, thing!" She replied with a grin and went to Kolt. "DJ! I'm not a dog, you know!" he said with a roll of his eyes before diving into the pile of pancakes. "You sure about that? you seem to act like a bitch a lot" I retorted as I smirked and touched my wrist, trying to feel my bracelet that my mother and sister made for me, it had hearts and stars of all unique colors it had golden writing like quotes on icy stars and hearts also contains small pictures, I never take it off but as I felt my bare skin, my heart sped up. "Kolt!" I yelled, my eyes scanning the whole room. "Yeah?" He asked jumping up with the rest of the team, all rigid and ready to kill the intruder. "My bracelet! It's gone, I never took it off!" I said running around like a chicken which lost its head, thank god Celes was upstairs. "What? Ok, ok, calm your tits!" he said with a smirk and got up and helped me find my bracelet. Brady rolled her eyes and groaned. "God, DJ, get a hold of yourself, It's just a bracelet!" she sneered. I stopped dead and rocked on the back of her heels and strode across the room, my eyes on fire. Brady swallowed hard. "What?" I snapped angrily. "You heard me!" Brady said standing up with a smirk. "That bracelet cost more than you!" I snapped. "Please, it's probably just some plastic shit!" She sneered. That did it.
I punched her jaw and she fell down hard, she held her jaw as a red mark formed. "You're a piece of shit!" I snapped. Everyone held their breath and Brady looked at me in fear, so did some of the others, Leo and Jet just kept on eating, which I liked, at least they were cool, they were also my best friends since we hang out a lot. I got back to searching frantically. Trent came downstairs a grin on his face. I mentally groaned he was the flirtiest boy I have ever met; he has a huge crush on me. He checked himself in the mirror, he has brown hair set up at the front with gel and the rest of his hair at the back was down with gel, his eyes were a deep caramel, honey or mocha color, but trust me get on his bad and he can seem as scary as hell. "Wipe that stupid grin off your ugly face!" I said with a scowl. He placed a hand on his heart, faking a hurt face. "Ah! DJ, how could you! You won't be so mean after realising I'm your hero, I decided to return what I found!" he said and held up a bracelet, my bracelet. I gaped and stared at him, then a took out my daggers from my pocket and threw it at him, it caught him on the sleeve and pinned his hand against the wall, I walked to him. I grabbed the bracelet. I glared at him. "Why did you take it?" I snapped. "I never, I found it" he said with a smirk. "Cut the crap" I said angrily. "Ok, maybe I did, but only to get a date with you!" Trent said with a grin. Kolt came up from behind and freed him. "That was mean, Trenton! You're on clean-up duty" Kolt said with a stern look. "No, anything but that!" he said with a groan. He frowned and joined the others. I sat down beside Jet. "Please do this for me!" I said. He gave a nod. Jet was one of the danger kinds of person, who looked deathly. He had smoky grey eyes, which do change to a blue, and a huge build and was very strong. He was quite mysterious and took everything seriously unless we just have fun. He took the bracelet and clipped it on. "Nice, punch" he said with a smirk. "I try" I said simply and smirked back. Leo punched my shoulder playfully. "Tried too hard" he said pointing at Brady and Celes who was called by Kodi to ted the mark. The put ice on it and Brady glared at me. I looked at Leo and hid a smile, he had black shaggy hair with a hidden scar that only Kolt, Jet and I know about, and it went over his left eye, which he hid behind hoodies. He had one piercing blue eyes and the other was a grey, the grey one having the scar over it. He had a tough build, quite athletic. He had a brother Ethan, but they look quite different, he had brown shaggy hair with pale blue eyes and a short build although he was quite athletic and swift. But he is very quiet. Ross was another member of our team; he had shaggy brown hair and glittering green eyes. "Where is Ross?" I asked no one in particular. Ross then jumped up from behind the couch. "BOO!" He yelled. Jet, Leo and I just turned to him normally and gave him 'are you crazy?' look. Ross looked disappointed. "Did that not scare you? Even just a little?" He said begging kind of. "I felt something but no" I said with a shake and smirked. "Next time, you'll see!" he said with a flare of his nostrils and rushed out the room with a playful grin, I shook my head with half a smile. He was the clown of the team, always trying to make people laugh and always succeeded, we needed that...the laughter, to get t=our minds off the seriousness of our situation. I looked back at Brady who was being checked by Celes, my sister gave her ice and Kodi looked up from Brady and at me, she gave a smile. I liked Kodi, she was kind and reminded me like my sister, not because of her looks, they had many different features like how Kodi had flaming red hair and deep emerald green eyes and pale skin with a very delicate yet swift body, but their personality was much the same. She looked back at Brady who was scowling. Brady had straight black hair and a lip piercing, she had misty grey eyes and pale skin. Her arms were filled with tattoos and so was her back, I also had some tattoos on both my wrist, around both my arms, my lower back, ankle, neck and shoulder, but never compare it between us.
I smirked as I watched TV again. I saw a movement outside and Roxy, like a shadow came inside. Roxy was my favorite girl other the Celes in the team, Roxy and I are close; we like the same things and enjoy each other's company when we needed it. She preferred to be alone like me and blended into the background, I could also put her on my list of best friends. Roxy was very beautiful, she had auburn colored hair and golden colored eyes with just a hint of minty green color, her body had the right curved everywhere and she was very athletic. She leaned against the wall and smirked. It was now 11:30 and I sighed as I leaned back. Kolt stood up and addressed the team. "Britney!" he yelled. I rolled my eyes. Britney, the flirty slut of the group, I didn't necessarily hate her and nor was I jealous, it's just she acted like a total retard in front of boys and it irritated me. She would say stupid things and even though her hair color was blonde does not mean you have to act blonde. Anyway she was probably too busy looking at herself in the mirror ten thousand to even notice what the time was. I looked up at the stairs waiting for her to come down and there she was, the clumsy Britney making her way down, she had blonde flowing straight hair with crystal blue eyes and a curvy body that all the guys would love to fuck. She giggled and I looked down at watch she was wearing, I felt like face palming her! Jeez! She wore some short shorts that just barely covered her ass with some ripped black leggings and red converse. She had also a tight-fitting hot red tank top and a black jacket that wasn't zipped so she could show some cleavage. I smirked and rolled my eyes. Trent walked past her and slapped her ass. Britney like a total idiot giggled more and went to the wall and looked at Kolt, Trent went to the fridge and grabbed some juice and drank from the carton. Ross bounced into the room with a mischievous grin plastered on his face. Kolt smirked then took a deep breath. "Ok, so I just want to say who will be gong at sun high and who will be on tonight's patrol" he said with a smirk. "The party will consist of Jet, Trent, Brady, Roxy, DJ and I to lead" he said and looked around. "Leo, Kodi, Celes, Britney, Ross and Ethan will stay" he said. "Tonight's patrol will be Ross and Kodi, so I suggest you both take a good rest" he said with a smirk at both, they nodded and then Kolt looked at his watch. "Ok, let's get set, spread out" he said with a nod and headed upstairs with others to follow, I propped my legs up, my weapons were always with me. I watched as surprisingly Ethan came over from some corner of the room that I hadn't noticed him in. He sat beside me, quietly. "Hey Eth" I greeted with a half-smile. He looked up and half smiled back. "Hey DJ" he said. "Happy to be staying?" I asked. "Yeah, better than going out there and well ya know" he said simply with a shrug. "Yeah, your right" I said with a nod, I rested my head back and sighed. "Well at least the rules let us not do too much...-"he took a deep breath "killing" he finished. I nodded. The rules were simple, once someone from either the Predators, my team, or Prey, the other team, were killed then you cannot kill anyone else, you return back to camp. Another is, never try to escape, no duh? It's not like we can! This island was surrounded by water, fully I mean infested with sharks and it was pitch black. . Of course though this whole island has cameras all over to get a good view and set out the signal to the whole of South America to watch, except in the house and in the other teams camp, we have to have our privacy plus not much goes on in here, but yes there is a camera in one of the trees close by so they can check what is going on or if incase some stupid idiot from the other team tries to get into the house, yeah although the house isn't protected the sliding door makes a lot of noise but we always lock it at night we just need people outside incase an intruder comes in if someone forgets to shut the door or if they come and spy on us, although it's not like we can do much since if we already killed someone then we can't kill another and they can't kill us, thought we wouldn't want them finding any secrets about how to get in the house since there are many secret passage ways in the house like to get to different parts of the island, we know all. Another rule is if no one dies then we have to battle or execute someone from our team and the other team has to execute someone from theirs, so of course we could never do that to each other, we are like family, I even have to admit that I'll risk my life to save Britney or even....Brady. I heard the thumping as they returned from retrieving their weapons, I got up and yawned. "Good luck" I said with a nod to Ethan and he returned it. "Good Luck" he said and rested back. Jet came down and stood beside me. "Ready to kill?" he asked with a smirk, I gave a nod and my eyes darkened.
Our party left as it turned 12:00. We walked down the banks and followed the edge of the woods before finally disappearing into the shadows, my bow was ready with a arrow placed on the string, my eyes darted through the trees, every twig nsapped retrieved my attention. We arrived at the end and came into the meadow, the other etams camp would be a couple kilometers away. We kept walking, Jet was close by my side and Kolt led the way and as we entered the other part of the woods and came to the cliffs, we followed the ledge that led down, we had to keep close to the edge. I hesitated before descending. I heard a crumble followed by a shout and I looked down afraid of what I might find. Brady fell, but was clinging to the edge with dear life, I felt dizzy and started to shake then held my head and shut my eyes, I took a deep breath and knelt down and grabbed Brady's hand. She looked at me with fear and I looked only at her as I pulled her up, she was gasping for air. "T-T-Thanks" she said shaking. "It's ok" I said with a nod. "I would've done it for anyone" I said with a nod and she smiled, actually smiled at me! I helped her up and Kolt looked back with a smile, I just nodded. "Get in front of me, I'll stay at the back a while" I said with a nod and she gave a nod before getting in front, Jet let her in front too so he could be in front of me. I held my arrow, poised to shoot, we descended the deadly cliff, eagles and vulchers flew over our heads. We got to the bottom after what felt like hours, I felt like dropping down and kissing the ground but held the emotion back. I saw in the distance the other teams camp, my body was shaking in anticipation as we made our way towards the camp. Jet had his sword glinting in the sunlight, I smirked. WE have the upper hand, since we get all the great weapons and the Prey have weapons that they make out of woods and nature. Kolt raised his hand, for silence and to stay in position, we were hidden in the bush that marked 15 metres away from the camp, the camp was surrounded by trees and it had a great waterfall flowing down with a couple of huge boulders everywhere and behind the waterfall was a cave which they have their camp in. I smirked as I saw people collecting water and taking it in. Kolt brought his hand down aqnd made a 'move' motion, we rushed forward, stealthily and hid behind a boulder, there were two guards on post by the waterfall, I know them, Nicky and Kale. I smirked and waited for the war cry. They've been in here for quite a while...and for too damn long. They need to leave this arena and this world, right fucking now. I'll make sure of that...it'll just be one step closer to our freedom...or realization that we will always be trapped here...