Shadow

This morning I woke up with a terrible headache. It wasn't a regular headache, more of a heavy burden in my heart that quickly spread all over my body targeting my head. The regular pain killers didn't help at all. The hot tea I had ended up coming back out of my mouth and my nose, it was gross.

           The past few nights I hardly had any sleep which probably triggered the attack of this unknown sickness. I know for a fact that any doctor wouldn't be able to help; I have to help myself by facing this horror.

           The shadow lurking beneath my bed came way before the attack on my mind this morning. At first it just stayed there, watching me intently as I tried to put myself in deep slumber. I pretended not to see it and I just ignored it day in and day out. It became a nightly occurrence that I've got accustomed to seeing.

 It was exactly one week ago when it started to 'hiss' at me like it wanted to talk. I ignored it and just listened to my music player.

'Hiss..." again.

Bam, volume up!

I was finally able to sleep. I thought if I continued ignoring this thing it would go away, maybe away to look for someone else willing to talk to it like a friend.

But it started hissing again. This time it was a bit more aggressive with the slight indication of urgency.

'Hiss...hiss...hiss..."

I was about to press the volume up button but something stopped me. I didn't notice it before but the shadow had blue eyes. The deepest and saddest eyes I've ever seen.

My mind went blank and it was a bit too late when I realise I had started talking to it. I asked why me? Why not bother someone else. It never replied, it just hissed at me again. I wasn't sure what to think at that time. I thought maybe I should just hiss at it and perhaps I would understand what it wants. I never did, until now.