One.

unedited.

One.

"Don't you dare," Nina squeals, "I swear to god."

She twists away from the monopoly board in mock annoyance.

Corbin upgrades his house to an apartment and sits back, chuffed with himself. He slides himself down the bean bag so he was close enough to reach out and hit her.

"Shame, loser."

Arden snorts from her place next to Nina, "You're not even winning, Corbin"

"I will be soon!" He announced in complete confidence. He was always confident with himself. Arden rolled the dice and they plotted along the board, Arden constantly reminding the other two of her wad of millions. Nina scoffed to herself, she had been hiding her millions under the board since the beginning, it may look like Arden was winning, but she was well off the wealth Nina had. Arden's dog moved eight places and it was Nina's turn. Nina always planned monopoly carefully,a constant poker face adorned her caramel skin. She was just about to roll the dice when she heard high pitched and more than a little dramatic screams from out on the deck.

"What the hell," Arden rolled her eyes, "Honestly, we can't leave them alone."

She gets up from the game, "'I'll go check up on them, probably a spider or something." Arden strolled toward the ranch sliders, Nina followed not long behind her. They got outside and as their eyes adjusted to the brightness the kids ran toward them, both of them taking short panting breaths. "What is going on? What's all this screaming about?" Nina says, not very worried. Felicity had fat tears welling in her eyes but Imogen stood nonchalantly.

"I think your neighbour is hurt," Imogen says looking slightly concerned but trying to be calm in front of her friend.

"Who? Maggie? " Arden asks confused.

"We think so,", Felicity says cuddling into Nina. "Get off me, don't be pathetic"

"I'm sure she's fine, we'll go next door and check on her" Nina then says rationally. The two older girls then push the younger sisters inside, shutting the door behind them.

"We are going next door Corbin, won't be long."

He grunts, not looking up from his cracked phone screen.

"Hamish you stay here with Corbin.", Nina coos at the dog, Hamish just cocks his head to the side and watches the two best friends leave the house.

"I bet nothing is wrong.", Nina said, "She probably fell over while pruning"

"Or bird watching" Arden adds.

They head down her long driveway, "Do you hear that? Maggie?!" Nina starts to walk faster.

A soft moaning sound echoes around the small car port, nina frowned, she didn't remember Maggie's car having such big dents on the doors. Scratches line the perimeter, and it definitely needed a wash.

"Maggie..?" They both peer round the side of the car to find Maggie lying on the cold concret her head twitches manically, her right arm twisted away from her socket. She twisted her head towards the two confused girls to show them her milky white and bloodshot eyes. She looked vacant in her own body, a pool of blood surrounding her, soaking her formerly pristine, now dirty blouse. Nina gagged, "Oh my god, Maggie?!"

Nina kneels forward but quickly stands up right. "What do we do?"

Arden stared, transfixed at the old cooking teacher, "Uh, call an ambulance? She doesn't look too good" she said trying to be wry but her voice coming out shaky. Nina could feel her hands shaking as she dived for her phone in her back pocket, almost dropping the small metal device. She quickly dialled the number, "Hel- yes, Ambulance, Dinah Road please, number 7." she stutters, trying to avert her eyes from a clearly- what, she didn't know what to make of Maggie, was she hurt? Or sick? It looked like nothing she had ever seen before and she knew brea thought the same. " I- yes. Thank you" she hung up, her voice broke from nerves and she hands the phone to Arden who gives her a worried look, "I feel bad, she's hurt I can't just leave her lying on the ground"