THINKING OUT LOUD

"So the game is simple. All you have to do I to tell the craziest thing you have done. I'll start."

Laura beamed sitting next to me. Her face shone like sun and she looked nothing less than a diva. Her red hairs were braided into so many braids and they all coincided into a single one. Her green eyes were covered with kohl and her lips with gloss. She wore a red blouse with khaki shorts that showed her perfectly tanned legs. She was the perfect definition of beauty.

I looked around myself. The walls of the train were painted grey and the seats were blue. The seat opposite to me was occupied by Laura, Sean and Zach while I sat next to Bianca and Caleb. I felt an outsider amongst them. Someone who was not destined to sit with them and all I wanted was to go home and lay in my comfy bed with my music but that was not going to happen considering that I was sitting in a moving train and all of this was my idea.

"My craziest moment was when Sean, Caleb, Zach and I went to a night club an the police came bursting in. Since we were underage, we ran for it. You should have been there Diana. The police followed us for a little while but Sean managed to lode them." She looked pretty telling about her accomplishment but my mind instantly thought about the consequences of their action, like getting a police record. I snorted, but deep inside I knew that I was jealous. Jealous of the fact that their life was much happening and more fun. My life was a straight cemented road with no patch work, no craters and no bumps. When one day I discovered that the road that I was walking on was never complete.

"Yeah, that was one hell of an escapade." Caleb said and they all nodded in agreement.

I think you all must be wondering as to why I was sitting in a train with the people that I never talked to in school, you should put it the other way, no one talked me at school because I was the social pariah. I was the outcast who walked silently with her nose covered in her books, who ate alone at her bench and was seen working after school.

So the day before my big adventure I was sitting in my room alone with my thoughts and my darling pug, Nifler, I found myself surfing travelling pages and came upon a small hill station. I decided to dig deeper into the place called 'The Little Heaven' as it was written on many webpages. It was mesmerizing.

The pictures alone were enough to tell me that the people there, the life in this small secluded corner of Britain were far better and more peaceful than the people living in London. The images showed the sun setting behind mountains that were covered with snow. The rays falling on the white cloth making it turn to gold at the same time the sky above it was a mixture of blue, red, yellow and orange. I found myself grinning at the picture. Nifler growled slightly at the picture and I spoke to him adjusting my glasses.

"You like it, Nif? Me too. I want to just be teleported there." I sighed.

I looked at the possible routes to the beautiful place. Something clicked my mind and I found that there was a train that leaves every morning, but we have to take a bus to reach there. The station wasn't far from my house, just two blocks away. My heart beat so fast because my mind kept giving me stupid logics that it was dangerous, something or rather everything could go wrong. For Christ's sake, I would be all alone. What if someone sensed this and kidnaped me and then sold me off to some human trafficker? That thought alone sent shivers down my spine. I chewed my lips, and when they were about to bleed, I decided to chew my nails. I was in such a dilemma that I could have champed anything that came within my reach.

I stared at the glowing screen in front of me. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me. Just one trip alone, what harm can happen?

My mind suddenly screamed the answer:

EVERYTHING.

I shushed my mind for once. Unable to concentrate, I started moving in my room while playing with the small locket around my neck. Fearing that I might break it, I let go of the platinum chain and started inhaling deep breaths.