Alice, To ashes

“I found this just saved onto my laptop and decided to upload it :D

So.. yeah, It is the part in the game Alice madness that you never really get to see in detail, So I decided to write about Alice's depressing life x3 ~Enjooooy~

-Disclaimer!! All rights go to, spicey horse and EA the makers of Alice the madness returns-

Happy Birthday Alice! Chorused the brunette girls Family and friends, As the young 7 year old blew out her candles.

Alice beamed her childish smile, her beautiful green eyes full of happiness,

Her beloved sister picked up the little bundle of blue cloth, and cradled the ever so happy child in her arms.

laughing at how big the blue dress Alice and Elizabeth's parents gave the youngest of the family for her 7th birthday

“Time for bed, birthday girl” Lizzie smiled, Carrying her little sister down countless corridors of the Liddell mansion to a room full of wax pictures, distant lands and made up city's the curious girl had drawn, And stuck all over her room, Lizzie put Alice down and she crawled into bed, Before tucking the innocent girl into bed, and giving her a kiss on the cheek.

“Sweet dreams my princess” Lizzie chimed, before she blew out the candle, leaving Alice's door slightly ajar,

“Goodnight Lizzie” Alice Called out while her sister walked back to their drunk parents and family friends,

Beautiful Lizzie sat down smoothing her red dress out and playing with her brown curls, Before realizing she was seated next to an undergraduate at her fathers academy he had a waistcoat and familiar glasses on, Lizzie recognised him as the young man who has had a more than normal crush on her for years …

She sighs to herself as he tried to make conversation,

“I don't talk to Toadies” Lizzie spat, (“Toadies” The term she used for undergraduates) As she stood up and excused herself for bed, 

Little Alice couldn't sleep, all she could hear was raucous laughter and the crack of the open fireplace at the end of her room that always calmed her,

She stared into the embers and smiled until she heard footsteps going down the corridor, She listened as the footsteps got louder, .. Lizzie! She thought, Going to bed so soon? Must have been Angus Bumby, The undergraduate Lizzie had told her about, The queer older man who was always touching her sister in peculiar places,

'I thought dear Lizzie had told Papa never to invite him round again?' .. Alice thought, The young girl knew that it was Lizzie as she hated her door being shut because she didn't like locks, She listened for the usual ping of the brass key on Lizzie's bedside table.

When it came Alice felt reassured and fell into a deep sleep of her not so unusual dreams of wonderland,

Her odd friends who made her tea, and the red one with the gold crown that Alice adored, They all turned to her at once and screamed “WAKE UP!!” Their faces full of fear and desperation,

And before Alice could stop it, Her eyes exploded into the blackness that was her room,

She looked around the fire had almost burnt out, What was that about? She thought they have only ever done that when I’m in danger of falling, And usually of my bed! ..

Just at the moment when little Alice was about to close her eyes she heard footsteps creep across the coal black corridor, The naive little girl pulled her patchwork covers up to her nose trying to reassure herself it was just Lizzie coming back from getting a drink of water, When Alice heard the footsteps go into Lizzie's room she breathed a sigh of relieve and turned over to go back to sleep, But her eyes snapped open when she heard cries of

“N-No, .. NO!” Coming from her sisters room.

The brunette girl sat confused and scared bolt upright in her bed, Then the cries went silent and the pleads stopped, The silence rang in Alice's ears her heart pounded she wanted to call out for her sister but thought better, Then she heard a sound she didn't recognise, It sounded like spilling water but smelt much worse, The smell burned the petite girls tiny nostrils, But she held back a cough, Until she heard the distinctive strike of a match and the dim gleam of light outside her door.

There was a cackle of laughter, As the panic hit Alice in the chest like a train, Whoever was once there was long gone and the flames rose from the ground like a phoenix of the ashes, Alarm bells rang in her ears and smoke filled her lungs clouding her thoughts of escape “LIZZIE!?” She screamed for help but Lizzie would never be able to help her … “MAMA, .. PAPA!!” Alice cried and got no reply her voice lost in the smoke rising out of the flames and spilling into her bedroom.

Alice slammed her door shut and sat shivering with fear in the corner of her room furthest away from the flames eating away at her door begging to get in.

Alice whimpered and shouted with all her might coughing, eventually the fragile child hoisted herself up the floor grabbing her mangled rabbit and touching the door handle a sizzling sound erupted through Alice's mind and the stumbled backwards clutching her burnt hand.

Alice tried again using her rabbits ear to open the door and took a deep breath before she plunged into the smoke her eyes stung and the heat was unbearable the raging flames itched and clawed at her skin with each step it got even easier to turn back.

Alice ran panting and retching for air. The window! .. The window at the end of this corridor. All Alice could think about was the breath of fresh air waiting for her. Just as the dizziness took over, Alice forced the window up and carefully climbed out, Alice remembered she had begged her parents to let her wear the blue dress and stripy black and white stockings to bed.

She wish she didn't it proved a challenge to get out the window, Once out on the window sill Alice saw the whole corridor crumble in slow motion, wooden floor boards that had once been home to Alice splintered and snapped, cascading onto the lower floor of the mansion, instantly igniting in flames sending the small bundle of blue cloth falling backwards.

She tumbled on a loose tile and slid face first of the roof, She closed her eyes tightly shut, concealing the tears, Her stomach felt like it did a 360 flip as she fell in a bloody heap the only sound registering was the thud of her landing ... alive … scarred and petrified she lay on the ground by her mansion that was now completely engulfed in flames.

Not able to bring herself to stand up or even comprehend what had happened to her, she lay there senseless and full of unquestionable guilt, Alice the happy child, Now does not smile, her bubbly green eyes Are now cold and dispassionate, Her body is – from her head to her toe – ridden with guilt and regretfulness, She is Alice Madness …

Alice … What have you done?