Chapter One

"Papa, I don't get why I have to come with! I'm not going to be the next alpha, so I don't get why I have to do alpha duties." I whine as I stomp behind Papa to the packed car. Papa had decided that I was going to be the lucky one to go with him this time, usually I'm the one quietly cheering in my room when one of my other siblings are being dragged out of the house by Papa.

"You say that but you don't know that. What if your Dad, Daddy, and I decide that you're the best fit for the next alpha position. Just because you are an omega doesn't mean you don't have just as much of a chance as your brothers and sister do." Papa explains as he pulls me behind him. I look back and see my two older brothers and sister smirking at me through the window.

"Even Radley has a better chance then me Papa, I can't even shift." I say quietly as we sit in the car, just beginning to pull out of the driveway. Papa turns to look at me before turning back to look out the window.

"That doesn't change anything, Remy. You can still be a strong leader." Papa says back just as quietly as I had spoken.

"Not to everyone." I mumble as I turn and look out the window. No longer willing to argue with him about staying home, I know with my own stupid words I had just strengthen his idea of me going with, to 'give me the confidence to become Alpha'. I don't want to be the alpha of if it makes all the other alpha look down on me and think our pack is weak.

Plus, when I find my mate I'm sure that a regular wolf and a weak omega - who can't shift - wouldn't be able to protect the pack from rogues who want to kill us for simply being alive. There is no way Papa would set up the pack to fail, even if he wants to make it fair to everyone.

The multi hour car ride goes by quietly. I see Papa open his mouth a few times, almost as if he wants to say something, but after a few minutes it clicks back shut again. I know he wants to say something, but has nothing that would change my mind about me not being the next alpha. He can try all he wants, him, Daddy, and Dad, but eventually they all have to realize that I'm not the best fit for the job, and that has to be soon since we are all turning eighteen in a month.

Papa and I silently get out of the car as we walk up to the pack house. The house is beautiful, a marron with white detailing. It seems homey, someplace that you want to come home to at night. For some reason though, my heart gives a little tug as we walk closer and closer to the door.

Papa turns to smile at me softly before turning and knocking on the door. I wait only a step behind him, something he hated that I do. I think its something in my subconscious, I know I'm not as important then other wolves are, or Angel in Papa's case, I'll never be as important. I'm not even a true werewolf.

The door swings open in front of us, startling me from from my inner thoughts. Papa let's me in first before slowly following after me.

"Hi, I'm Zephan. I'm the Beta, I'm glad that the two of you could come so we could discuss resigning the treaty between our pack's." Zephan says as he shakes both our hands. He looks at me for a second longer then normal, most likely noticing my odd scent. The scent of a human, with just a little wolf.

"We're glad you called us down here, we don't want to lose a treaty wirh a pack as loyal as yours." Papa and Zephan chuckle for a moment before it gets quiet. Before it gets too awkward Zephan makes a large gesture with his arm.

"Why don't you come this way. We can get started talking over the treaty and the Alpha will be in as soon as he can." We both follow after Zephan, but I can't help but wonder why the alpha will only come if he finds time, shouldn't this be something he is present for? He has to sign off on it.

This mysterious alpha already has my attention.