Flowers {Rydon oneshot}

After I had hugged a crying fan and sent them on their way, a girl came up and smiled at me before sliding a photo across the table.

Of Ryan Ross.

"Would it be okay for you to sign this?" She asks shyly. I stay quiet, staring at the photo. I slowly tear my eyes from the photo to see the concern in her eyes. "Is everything okay?" She asks. My bottom lip starts to tremble, but I bite it.

"He's a faggot." I say, my voice shaking slightly. I see the emotion in her eyes change from concern to deep sympathy as tears roll down my cheeks.

"It's okay Bren, we can help you through this." She says quietly. "You don't have to sign it, I'm sorry." She reaches for the photo, but I stop her.

"Do you think... That I could possibly keep it? Please?" I look up at her with pleading eyes. "I can sign your shirt or something... Just please, let me keep the photo." She nods and takes off her bracelet, handing it over.

"You can just sign that, it's fine." I thank her and sign the bracelet with shaking hands and hand it to her. "I'm sorry for bringing it up, Brendon. I didn't think it would cause this."

"Me neither." I admit after a shaky breath. I give her a tight hug over the table before she leaves and thank her for the photo. She nods and gives me a reassuring smile before she walks away. I look to see a few fans staring wide eyed, and a few with cameras. Oh shit, I think.

I spend the rest of the meet and greet with Ryan's photo next to me, laying face down, faking smiles and willing the day away.

~

After the meet and greet, I sit outside on a step with Ryan's photo in front of me. He has a yellow flower in his hair, and that stupid shirt on. He's smiling, and he looks absolutely adorable. I sigh and don't even try to stop the flowing tears. "I miss him so much" I whisper through the tears.

"Brendon?" Spencer says, sitting down next to me. "Are you okay?" He asks. I shake my head and hide my face in his shoulder. "I miss him too, Bren. But I don't know what to do about it."

"I know" I whimper.

"We gotta leave soon." He states hesitantly. I nod and go back to staring at the photo. He sighs and gets back up, walking away. I run my finger lightly over Ryan's face. Maybe I'll see him again.

"One day" I whisper.

~

I get home and close the door, falling face first onto the couch. I hear my dogs running through the halls, but I don't move. Ryan's photo is in my back pocket, hopefully not getting wrinkled. The tears start rolling down the cheeks, flowing heavier than before.

I don't know when I fell asleep or how long, but when I wake up the dogs are barking and there's a quiet, hesitant knock at the door. I look out the window to see that the sun it just coming up. I must have slept all night, I think to myself. I get up and rub my eyes groggily. I yawn and stretch my eyes. I walk to the door and make sure to avoid all mirrors. I don't even wanna know what I look like. I open the door, expecting... Anyone except the one standing there. Ryan Ross is standing shyly at my doorstep, looking at the ground. "R-Ryan?" I whimper. He looks up and his eyes widen. Well, now I know how terrible I must look. "What are y-you doing here?" I stutter, trying to keep my voice even but failing.

"I-uh... Saw this video... Of you at the meet and greet." And my worst fear is confirmed. Someone recorded the entire thing, and Ryan has seen it. But that doesn't answer why he's here, standing at my door.

"So, did you come here to laugh in my face?" I ask hesitantly. He frantically shakes his head, looking shocked that I would even suggest that.

"I... Don't like the fact that you called me a faggot," he laughs quietly. "But... I miss you, Brendon. I miss you so much." I've launched myself at him before he even finishes the sentence. I wrap my arms around his waist and don't let got. He surprisingly doesn't fall. Which means he's gotten stronger, my brain helpfully supplies me, along with a few sexual fantasies that I don't feel like dwelling on at the moment.

"I missed you, Ry" I say into his chest. "So, so much" I hug him tighter. He wraps his arms gently around my neck and pulls me closer.

"I missed you too, Bren." He whispers, kissing my head lightly. I look up at him and he smiles slightly, tears welling in his eyes. I can feel my eyes watering too, and I decide that this is it. I lean towards him and he meets me halfway, his lips meeting mine in a soft but passionate kiss. His lips move slowly and I grip his hips. He runs his fingers through my hair before pulling back and laying his forehead on mine. "I love you" he whispers. I smile.

"I love you too, but I think we've been outside far too long when we could be somewhere else." I wiggle my eyebrows and he laughs, loud and genuine. It makes me smile.

"Or you could just let me eat instead of pouncing on me" he suggests. I sigh.

"Fine, but only because you're my favorite." I intertwine my fingers in his and lead him inside, closing the door behind us.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

I'm not ashamed of this at all. I made this off of a Tumblr post that I saw, which I will attach at a later time. Comment what you think, I hope you enjoyed!