Chapter 1: There's Always A First Time For Everything

It was a day after the 'Yule Ball Dance' was announced and Hermione thought she'd head to the library, seeing how she had nothing else to do. The library which held a certain somebody from another school waiting to ask her to the dance, but fate ran another course.

A black owl screeched as it flew by dropping a letter into Hermiones hands.
"Meet me at the Tree that Hits" It said in a neat yet small handwriting.
Hermione curious by the fact that the letter hadn't been signed thought about the fact that maybe somebody changed the handwriting. She waved her wand over the letter to recover the original font of the writing. But it didn't. The writing didn't change. She really didn't recognize this persons handwriting.

And so curiosity led her to follow the persons request. It didn't take a moron to figure out that ''the tree that hits'' was the womping willow.
She made her way there, and saw the very least person she expected to be laying on the grass, eyes closed a far amount of space away from the tree, waiting for her.

"Malfoy?" Hermiones puzzled voice urged Draco to smirk, but not enough to make him open his eyes. His arms were resting behind his head. "Grang-eeeer" he purred the last bit.
Hermione blinked a few times "Why-Why did you want me to meet you here?

"To ask you-" Draco got up smugly and smirked "if you wanted to go to the dance-" Hermiones mouth was dropping, causing the corners of his mouth to curl more "-with, me."

"Oh please, what kind of joke is this?"

"It's not a joke"

"Yeah right, you'd never want to go with a mudblood"

"
I haven't called you that at all this year."

Hermione's head filled with a memory from the Quidditch World Cup.

**

“Hadn't you better be hurrying along, now? You wouldn't like her spotted, would you?”

He nodded at Hermione, and at the same moment, a blast like a bomb sounded from the campsite, and a flash of green light momentarily lit the trees around them.

“What's that supposed to mean?” said Hermione defiantly. 

“Granger, they're after Muggles,”said Malfoy. “D'you want to be showing off your knickers in midair? Because if you do, hang around. . . they're moving this way, and it would give us all a laugh.”

“Hermione's a witch,” Harry snarled.

“Have it your own way, Potter,” said Malfoy, grinning maliciously. “If you think they can't spot a Mudblood, stay where you are.”

“You watch your mouth!” shouted Ron. Everybody present knew that “Mudblood” was a very offensive term for a witch or wizard of Muggle parentage.

“Never mind, Ron,” said Hermione quickly, seizing Ron's arm to restrain him as he took a step toward Malfoy. ...

“Oh come on,” said Hermione, with a disgusted look at Malfoy, “let's go and find the others.”

“Keep that big bushy head down, Granger,” sneered Malfoy.

**

"You called me a mudblood at the Quidditch World Cup!!" Hermione shouted.

"No, I said the word, but I didn't call you one" Draco smugly replied

"Same thing" She was becoming more defiant by the second.

"Well I didn't want to ruin my reputation, did I?"

"And going with a mudblood wouldn't ruin your reputation?"

"There's always a first time for everything Granger."

"Like a girl rejecting you?" And with the smug look now on her face, she left the tree that hit.