Forgetting Him

Chapter 1

Sarah’s POV

He doesn’t know me. He doesn’t look at me. He doesn’t help me pick up my books when we collide into each other and they fly down the hallway. He doesn’t care about me. Kyle. The boy who is a burden yet a blessing.

I don’t know what he has that draws my attention to him whenever I know that he is near me. He is popular, yeah, but I noticed him before he was popular. This boy has the face and body of a model. He probably stands at about six foot three inches, has a six pack which is visible through his tight shirts, and his facial features.

Oh gosh, his facial features! He has chestnut hair that looks like it would be soft enough to pet for hours, those sea blue eyes that pop out against his bronze skin, and his signature smirk. Oh! That sexy smirk! He used to smile real, true, genuine smiles, which were beautiful, but now he has a sexy smirk on all the time.

Don’t get me wrong, his smirk does look good on him, but the true smiles that only certain people see are truly handsome. His sincere smile makes him look like a hot, nerdy, sex god. Kyle’s now normal smirk just makes him look like a cocky jerk, which is what he has become.

Yeah, I used to know Kyle. We were best friends from the first day of first grade until the summer before freshmen year. Kyle and I did everything together, and I had formed a little crush on him. He never knew, because it was just a little harmless crush. Apparently he was set on other girls anyway. I mean, who would want to date a nerdy brunette with thick glasses? Whenever we were in eighth grade he would always tell me how pretty I was.

Kyle and I were extremely close. Like, we could talk in sync close. We did everything together, except for the stuff that including getting undressed. I remember the day that he ended our seven-year friendship forever. The memories still bring tears to my eyes whenever I think about them.

********Flashback to the Summer Before Ninth Grade********

            I was going to Kyle’s house because his mom invited me to come over and swim and eat lunch. Whenever I arrived I saw a truck parked in the driveway that I knew exactly who it was. It was Kyle and I’s other best friend, Connor. Whenever I knocked on the door, Connor opened it. He had a shocked expression on his face like he wasn’t expecting me to be here right now. I gave him a questioning stare, but he just shrugged and opened the door wide enough to let me in.

            I walked in the house and saw an empty house. “Oh well, they must be back in the pool,” I thought, considering that Connor was in just his navy blue swim trunks. Whenever I got to the pool, I took off my jean shorts and my tank top, considering everyone else was already in the pool.

            I slowly walked into the water, adjusting to the temperature of the pool, just to realize that Kyle wasn’t in the pool. I asked his mom where he was at, and she said that he was in his room changing. I said okay, and started to head up the familiar staircase to Kyle’s bedroom door. I heard a noise inside the room, and thought that it was just him loosing his balance trying to put his swim trunks on.

            I knocked on the door and faintly heard Kyle mutter something under his breath. He answered the door, and look surprised to find me in my swimsuit, waiting in the hallway. “What are you doing here?” he questioned uncertainly. “Your mom invited me over to swim and then get lunch.” “Oh,” he sighed under his breath. “What’s the matter? Aren’t you happy to see me?” you asked him with a dorky smile on your face that he said he loved.

            “Yeah I’m happy to see you, I’m just surprised that you’re here. My mom didn’t tell me that she invited you,” he answered me back.  I got a little bummed because he didn’t seem happy to see me, even though he said that he did. He has been acting a little strange lately for the past couple of weeks. “Kyle, is everything alright?” I asked him softly. “No, and you will never understand, because you are a spoiled rotten brat that always gets what she wants!” he yelled out of nowhere. He was starting to scare me at how he changed moods very suddenly.

            “What?” I stuttered out. “You heard me. Our friendship is over! Leave my house!” He yelled at me. I just stood there frozen. “NOW!” He screamed. I felt the tears in my eyes and just ran out to the pool, grabbed my things, and ran back home.

**************** END OF FLASHBACK****************