Wedding Nightmare

"Two! Two days until the wedding!" Daina exclaimed.

"I know, dear. You're going to be the most beautiful bride!" Maria, Daina's mother, said.

"Daina! Richard is a really handsome guy! Tell the story of how you snagged him as your own again!" Missy, the maid of honor, and Daina's best friend since third grade, asked again.

As Daina recapped again how she met Richard, and how he proposed two years after they'd been together for the third time that night, she though how weird it would be not to be single anymore.

** Richard couldn't wait for his "honeymoon". He had something very special for that night planned.

"Just two and a half more days," he told himself.

He double checked with the resort he and Daina would be staying at, to make sure their room would be sound proof.

"I haven't been caught before, and I don't plan to be caught anytime soon either," he murmured to himself, while staring in the mirror.

He'd never used the name Trey before. That would be the name that he was to take up. Trey Reilly.

** Daina woke early and found that Richard wasn't in bed next to her, and by the feel of the cold sheets he'd been gone for a while.

Peering around the dark room, in which she and Richard were staying at her mothers house, she saw no trace of him. After awhile she found him on the back porch in the cool fall early morning.

"Hey, what's wrong, Babe?" Daina asked, concerned about her fiancé.

"Nothing's wrong. Just have a few... last minute things I need to take care of," Richard carefully worded.

"Last minute? Like what?" Daina asked. She sat on his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Oh, you'll see," he said smiling.

"Ohh! I can't wait!" Daina hugged him tighter.

"Me either I just can't wait..." he grinned impishly.

*** Less than 24 hours away until the wedding. Last minute details were being made to the church decor for the wedding. Flowers we're being arranged and RSVP's we're being double checked.

Richard had red on the mind. How their honeymoon suite would be "painted" red. a deep crimson. He thrived on the color red every few years.

That was his style. Strike, wait a few years, then strike again. That's how he'd yet to be caught. he was careful.

As he waited for Daina in the car after they finished setting up, he was going over his plan through his head:

• Get to the resort

• Go to their soundproof room

• Have a little fun for a few hours so she didn't suspect a thing.

• Find a replacement to play as Richard Torllini's body.

• Kill his new wife. Again.

He'd done this five times before. Never been caught, planning to never will be. This would be his greatest yet.

This time it was special. This time it was different. He actually loved this one. Not "in" love with her, but loved her.

He would take his time, drag it out. Deciding that he would use his favorite method for a slow kill, he was ready.

*** Daina jumped into the car with Richard. It had started to pour down rain. she was soaked by the time she shut the car door.