My Dying Day

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Prince of Tennis or any of its characters which may have been used in this fanfic. I only own the plot and the OCs used.

---oOo---

My eyes were filled with orange, pink and yellow hues, the leaves were falling from the trees, and the air was chilly. Your smile was the last clear memory that I saw. I heard a loud noise, breaking through my ears. There was screaming, people were running. Where did all the festivity go?

The sky looks so beautiful from here, the sun is setting now, isn’t this romantic?

I can hear the waves; we’re near the ocean aren’t we?

“Zaizen, Zaizen do you hear me?”

Shiraishi-senpai? What are you doing here? I don’t remember being with you today. Do we have practice? But senpai, didn’t I tell you that I was watching the Midosuji parade with her today? Did I forget to do something?

“Zaizen just try to breathe as normal as you can, help is on its way.”

Oshitari-senpai, what do you mean? Can’t you hear me talking? I’m breathing perfectly fine. Although I must admit, I almost lost breathe a moment ago. I could still feel her lips against mine; I didn’t mind the leaves falling around us. Chotto matte! Senpai, don’t tell me you were watching us kiss?

“Zaizen, their almost here, just try and relax.”

Chitose-senpai? You’re here too? Were you guys spying on my date? Give me a break senpai-tachi.

Why are you all looking down at me? Are we somewhere in a building? Where is she? Why are you guys the one I’m with. Was I just dreaming that I was on a date with her?

“Hikaru-kun, please hold on.”

Oh there you are. Where have you been? Did you invite the senpai-tachi to come with us today? ‘Cause I don’t remember inviting them.

Your hand feels so warm on my face. Your caress makes my heart beat faster. This is your fault you know, I like rock music, but now my heart beats a ballad for you. Where are you going? Come back.

“Zaizen, their here, just listen to what they’re going to instruct you iiyo?”

Shiraishi-senpai? Who’s here? Why do I need to listen to them? What’s going on?

“Hikaru-kun, I’m right here, I’m not leaving your side iiyo. Just hold on.”

Oh, you’re back, where did you go to? What is Shiraishi-senpai talking about? And I do like that idea, stay by my side. When you’re right in front of me my world is perfect. Didn’t I promise you we’d dance under the moon during the Harvest Moon festival? I told you I’d hold you close until we’re flying to the moon. You probably think I’m funny and contradicting, because I’m usually quiet and still in a corner. But truth is, when I transferred to Shitenhouji, I didn’t fit in, then I joined the tennis club and my world didn’t seem so alien. But when I met you, I realized, my life isn’t such a waste after all. My world started to revolve around you, and I felt like I could climb any mountain. Speaking of mountains, didn’t you say you wanted to visit the Osaka Castle? Maybe we can go there next week end. What do you think?

“Zaizen-san, please try and relax, we’re here to help.”

Huh? Who are you? Where did she go again?

I know it’s autumn, but this is just crazy, why does my shirt feel like it’s drench or something? Is the wind that cold today? I know we visited the shore today, but I don’t recall dipping in the water.

“Hikaru-kun, do you hear me?”

I can hear you perfectly. What’s that sound? Where are we going?