Student

London's national gallery was one of the most fascinating places in the world, or so she believed. There was something fascinating about standing in Trafalgar Square at night and being able to see Big Ben off in the distance. Lord Nelson smiled proud down upon his fellow Englishmen and visitors to his country. This was the hub of British culture. That's and Soho at least. But she'd already been there on her way past Piccadilly Circus. Chinatown always made a great destination for a lot of food at a cheap price. Her night-time tradition was to sit on the steps and watch as the traffic went by. Life as a university student was nice that way.

Perhaps living in London was one of the greatest perks of her situation. The school of economics was what brought her there, but the life of the city was what convinced her to stay. The city was like an old friend: having both familiarity and the occasional surprise around the corner. She knew the cheap places to eat, but there was always an adventure in the night. The tube was her friend. She would be whisked about from place to place, meeting strangers and making friends along the way. There was an appeal to that European style of life, and it kept her in a fit hangover.

Her ultimate decision was whether she wanted to stay or not. The time would run out and eventually she would have to don one of those stuffy suits in New York, Switzerland, Luxembourg, or some other banking capital of the world. Or she could stay there. It would never be the same though. She wouldn't walk by Westminster to hear the loud chiming of Big Ben, or walk along the riverside of the Thames while watching the eye turn. There wouldn't be that sense of adventure and curiosity. Instead she would be confined by the limits of her job.

And that made all the difference.