Going Somewhere?

Blackness, I can't see. Am I blindfolded or just blind?

Clip-Clop goes the sound of horses-hooves on what sounds like cobblestone, a road going to where?

I don't remember what happened or why my breathing feels constricted, something is pressing on my chest and back, am I wearing a harness or a corset?

It feels like something is on my face, a mask maybe? I can't feel with my hands as they are tied behind my back.

Clip-Clop and the sounds of insects outside, the air smells cleaner than the city, I am in a forest of sorts or near a lake perhaps, the little room I am in which I think is a carriage jerks forwards slightly then stops... Where am I now?

Or should I say we, there feels like two other people in here with me, two sets of large legs in front of mine that I could feel from the swaying of the carriage that is.

There is a short shuffling from outside then a stomp of what sounds like stones and a creak as the door is being opened, a set of legs move from in front of mine and I feel a hand gently grab my elbow and helps me to shuffle out of the carriage, I step down and become aware of the fact that a) It is cold outside and b) I am wearing high-heeled short boots, similar to the images I've seen from the Victorian era clothes women wore at the time.

The insects sound fainter and I can only just hear something echoing in front of me, wherever we are I doubt anyone would hear if I screamed for help.

Just now a creak from in front of me as the stones crunch underneath the weight of me and what now sounds like my four companions, I stumble slightly when I step onto an elevated stable surface, solid steps, three of them.

Click goes my shoes and it is accompanied by little thumps of flat shoes, my companions are men, our footsteps have a slight echo so wherever we are it is big.

I am stopped as the fabric of someone's I'm guessing jacket? brushes the exposed skin of my upper arm as they walk passed then there is a jingle and scraping of metal, keys for the door I guess and it is opened after a light click of a lock.

Our footsteps echo a little louder on the hard floor, either wood or more likely stone as we walk in a straight line

Ding-Dong, a clock is coming closer, or rather we are walking closer to a clock that is getting louder

Tick-Tick-Tick Ding-Dong, it sounds like a grandfather clock, the way it sounds reminds me of the clock I slept near at my parents home, it used to lull me to sleep and also wake me up in the morning with a sure Ding-Dong

As we walk past the clock I can hear a faint groan, a person, light talking steadily growing louder, mumbling mixed with the clicks of my shoes as we continue down a hallway that seems to never end but the sounds get louder and I can't quite tell if the people are happy or scared, the raises in the voices could be screams or laughs I am too far away to tell right now.

Suddenly my ears are flooded with loud people some screaming, others laughing but underneath is mutterings of something I try to hear but the people are banging on things and I feel something against the back of my head.

Blackness...