the end.

Tooru was awakened by his phone constantly buzzing on his nightstand. The brightness from the phone screen blinded him for a moment.

3:44 A.M. Three missed calls, and five messages.

Tobio: Oikawa you can't keep ignoring me like this.
Tobio: How can you stand being away from me?
Tobio: please answer my calls
Tobio: I never see you anymore.
Tobio: i still love you.

"Oikawa, toss it here!" Iwazumi roared. They were only one point away from winning. Karasuno wasn't going to get the upper hand, no. The crows were not taking this one again. Oikawa wanted to take back what they had lost and show Kageyama what he's missing.

Oikawa was on the far left of the court, and Iwazumi was on the right. That didn't stop him. He jumped while setting and pushed the ball right to his hands. "Iwa-Chan!"

A perfect set.

A perfect spike.

Crack.

Oikawa fell, with a loud scream. The world started spinning. Where was he again?
His teammates began to crowd around him.

"Tooru- oh fuck." Why did iwazumi look at him like that?

Oikawa didn't even realize his knee was completely out of socket.
Aoba Johsai was never the same.

Neither was Oikawa Tooru.

"Oikawa, surgery went well and we are going to put you in physical therapy next month."

Good. Oikawa thought. It was already bad enough that he caused all that trouble during the Karasuno match and now he can make up for it-

"However, even with physical therapy, your knee won't be able to support you playing volleyball."

No more practices, no more bus rides to games, no more staying up late and watching other teams play, no more volleyball.

No more Kageyama.

Oikawa Tooru cried for the second time in one week.

He still went to volleyball practice, but all he could do was sit and watch.
He felt so useless, he couldn't even shag balls for his team. He couldnt do anything anymore. Iwazumi told Oikawa that these things happen, but no matter what, they would get through this like always.

Easy for him to say that. He's the one who can still play volleyball.

"The karasuno team sent you flowers, dear."

Oikawa's mother brought them to his room and sat them on his nightstand. They were in a white vase and had twelve roses in them. One for every team member. It made him sick.

"Thanks mom, they're lovely." No they aren't.

"Do you need me to adjust your brace?" His mom was so concerned and hurt for her son.

"No, I'm alright. Thank you."

She turned off his lamp and left the room. How was he supposed to sleep now?

Aoba Johsai couldn't go to nationals that year. Without a setter, what is a volleyball team? Oikawa felt so guilty. He had fucked up his team, and now he's alone. What would come of his future now? How would he get into university on his many athletic scholarships?

He typed up a text to Kageyama.

"Thank you and your team for the flowers, they're beautiful."

He hesitated sending it, but he did anyway. What was he going to lose now?

Buzz

Tobio: yeah, no problem. how's therapy going?