He's After Me

Summary: Compulsion didn't work on her and Klaus was too interested to let this one go. He was after her and her chance of escape was small.

Hes After Me

Chapter One

Elijah had decided to take up a job as an English teacher at Forks High. Klaus had constantly teased him over it until Elijah had explained that he wanted a closer insight of the Cold Ones that went to that school. Immediately Klaus had shut up.

"So brother, have you encountered there kind before?" Elijah asked his brother with his hands clamped behind his back.

"Once. A woman with fiery hair had tried to attack me but as I went to rip her head off she began snapping at me and ran" Klaus remembered, recalling that unusual night.

"Yes, it seems they have snake venom running through their system so a bite to a human could turn them also" Elijah murmured, "They have marble like skin and either red or yellow eyes depending on their diet. They also have no heart beat and no fangs. And our craving isn't as strong as theirs, one drop of human blood could drive them crazy"

Klaus seemed genuinely interested then before asking, "When do you sign up?"

OoOoOoOo

Klaus and Elijah were currently walking through the halls of a very tiny school. Thankfully, all the children were in class so it was easy to get there.

Eventually, when they were sure there were no people around, they blurred off to the school office.

Elijah gently rapped his hand on the office door that stated, 'Headmaster - Mr Greene. Secretary - Mrs Cope' A bit of paint was scraped off from Elijah knuckles.

"Come in" An old voice called through the door.

Elijah pushed the door open and went in, followed by Klaus. Sitting at the desk was an old woman with curly red hair that was surely dyed. Her blue eyes lit up at the sight of the two Originals striding towards her desk, "I'm Mrs Cope"

"I'm here for the job as an English teacher" Elijah stated with a small smile which made Klaus roll his eyes. Why didn't he just compel it out of the woman?

"Okay...Wait a minute dear..." The woman ducked down below the desk as the noise of shuffling paper could be heard, "...Elijah...Elijah Smith?"

"Yes that would be me" Elijah confirmed as he folded his hands together at his front.

"Have you got your application?" A smile fell upon the womans face as the side of her eyes crinkled.

"Yes" Elijah handed her a piece of paper, "I think you'll find everything is in order"

Mrs Cope pulled on her reading glasses and her eyes sweeped over the paper, "Yes, okay Elijah, you'll start tomorrow at 9pm sharp!"

As the woman left for the door behind her to get some more papers, Klaus turned to his brother.

"I'm going to have a quick scan of the school, you get everything sorted and meet me by your car?"

"Be quick Niklaus" Was Elijahs only reply.

Klaus nodded at his brother before speeding out of the old, cramped office. But only to bump into someone.

"Watch where your going" Klaus growled at the girl that was now on the floor.

"Sorry" She murmured before climbing to her feet, Klaus didn't even offer her his hand. It was only then that her scent hit him. Fresh, sweet wild strawberries and freesia. The smell was delicious and Klaus went rigid from temptation. The girl looked up at him as wide, brown eyes met icy, blue ones.

"You'll turn around and go back to class" Klaus compelled her with a glare, trying not to think about her blood.

"Excuse me?" The girl asked him with a raised eye brow to which Klaus raised his own.

He was confused because he couldn't smell vervain on her, she wasn't even wearing any jewelry.

"You'll turn around and go back to class" Klaus repeated, wondering why this girl couldn't be compelled.

"No, actually. I was going home" She glared right back at him with pursed lips.

She can't be compelled. Compulsion didn't work on her. What an interesting creature.

Klaus was definitely interested in the small girl and watched with amusement as she stormed off away from him in a huff.

"What was that about?" Elijah asked from behind Klaus.

Klaus turned around to see Elijah with a stack of papers in his hands and drawn eyebrows.

"It seems she cannot be compelled brother" Klaus stated with shock in his voice, "She has no vervain on her at all, not even in her system"

"Is she a Cold One?" Elijah questioned him, the same interest filling his voice.

"No, her skin is soft and her scent...Her blood smells so intoxicating and delicious..."Klaus described her, thinking back to a minute or so ago.

"Well this is definitely an interesting little town then" Elijah concluded, "If shes in my class, I shall find out as much as I can about her"

"Okay"