Should I Stay Or Should I Go?

Camilla's Pov
My mom came out crying, my dad gave me a fake smile as if to say everything was okay. But we all knew it wasn't.

Ever since I was a little girl, my health was not all so great. I've been rushed to the hospital numerous times, and all for the same reason, my heart was failing.

I've undergone multiple surgeries to try to fix my heart, but none of them worked, they'd only extend my days here on earth.

Over the years I've been able to accept the fact that I'd never truly get to live. I'd never be able to go to college, get married, have children, grow old. None of those were in my future, the only thing I could hope for was to wake up in the morning.

We went for our final diagnoses on my condition. My parents were hoping that I was able to overcome the disease with my last surgery, or find a person willing to donate a heart, but no cigar. The doctors simply said that I had a year to live, that was it. So here I am now, pondering what I'll be doing with this final year of life.

From what I have learned, there are two outcomes from death, the ones that stay and the ones that move on. The ones that stay are forever stuck on this miserable earth, banished to silence and dwell on their own misery. The ones that move on.....well I'm not sure what happens to them, but probably better than being stuck here. Whether you stay or go is not your decision, it is strictly based on moving on from life regrets and pain. Sadly, that's going to be difficult for me, but I refuse to be stuck here forever.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Camilla sweetheart," my mother said, giving me the happiest smile she could muster," how about you come downstairs to eat dinner."

"Not hungry," I reply, resuming my episode of Gossip Girl.

"Honey you need to eat," my dad stated," how else will you grow big and strong."

I just snorted," you do realize I'm not five, right? Also what's the point of wanting to be healthy at this point, a year from now I'll be 18 years old and six feet under."

Hearing the saddened cries of my mom, I pause my show and walk downstairs. She was sitting on the floor of the kitchen, hunched into a little ball and rocking herself back and forth to try to comfort herself.

"Look," I say rolling my eyes," I know that it's sad but that's the truth. You'll have to get over it."

Walking down the creaky staircase, I walk up to my mom and envelop her in a calming hug.

"There's no point in being sad while I'm still alive," I simply state, wiping the tears from under her eyes," okay?"

She nods, wiping her nose and blinking back the rest of her tears.

"I'll try to stay strong for you," my mom whispers, hugging me tighter than before.

"Yeah, let's stay strong for each other."

End of Chapter 1

A/N: I came up with this concept a few minutes ago, so bear with me if this is half a thought. (I've also been spam righting stories for the last 24 hours). Have a good day/night!
-Decim :)