Changed man prt 2

1 year later & 1/2 later....

*Tiffany's P.O.V.*

Maurice: Mommy!!

I stop my hand from putting my paint brush on my fresh canvas.

Tiffany: yes!

Maurice: Come down stairs!! Daddy's on TV!!

Tiffany: damn I forgot the award show was on tonight.

I whisper to myself.

I throw my paint brush down and wipe my hands on my already paint splattered clothes.

I stopped painting for 3 years but I missed it so much that I recently started up again.

I quickly head down stairs into the living room sitting Maurice in my lap as we watch Chris opening up for the award show. I look down at Maurice who's eyes were glued to the screen at his father, I chuckle to myself and hear the front door open.

Tiffany: Hey Love!

Anthony: Hey baby

He leans down and pecks me on the lips.

Anthony: hey little man

Anthony says plopping down on the couch.

Silence.

He glances up at Maurice wondering why he hasn't said anything and sees why realizing Chris was on the screen.

Anthony rolls his eyes and smacks his lips while throwing off his work boots.

I give him a look and open my mouth to speak but stop not wanting to start a argument in front of Maurice.

_________

*11:00pm*

I wait till I know Maurice is in a deep sleep till I decide to talk to Anthony about earlier.

Anthony gets comfortable in bed and I hesitantly make my way towards the bed.

Tiffany: so what was that about earlier?

Anthony: what? (Sounding disinterested)

Tiffany: when you saw Chris on tv and smacked your lips.

Anthony: nothing (he shrugs) I just can't compete with this nigga.

My eyes widen from how he was speaking.

Anthony: I'm with Maurice most of the time not Chris, you would think he would look up to a man that works hard and provides for us but he rather look up to Chris.

Anthony expresses with a confused angry look on his face.

Tiffany: Why would you want to compete, that's his father of course he's going to look up to him and not you.... and just because Chris's job looks glamorous doesn't mean that he doesn't work just as hard as you!

Anthony: well I see Maurice ain't the only one that looks up to Chris.

He scoffs throwing the covers over his body.

Tiffany: hell nah you trippin.

I throw the covers off his body.

Tiffany: getcho ass in the guestroom, you ain't sleeping with me acting like that, getcho ass up.

Anthony slowly gets up.

Anthony: gladly....it stinks of paint in here anyway.

He brushes past me leaving out the door.