Episode ♛1♛

Ding!    ⊂ You have received a message ! ⊃

Raising an eyebrow in curiosity, slender hands grabbed the phone , disconnecting it from the charger . Lifting the phone close to see , a long manicured finger entered the Password to the phone , only to directly open to the messages . 

Clicking on the message , 

                              ⊂ Are you sure you want to open the message ? ⊃

                                   ⊂ Yes . ⊃                    ⊂ No . ⊃

feeling surprised at the question , since this has never happened with other messages , She clicked on the 'Yes.'  , only for her phone to be turned off . " What the hell ?! Was that a hack link ?! " feeling angered for falling to such an obvious trap , she was about to try turning the phone on , when suddenly it was turned on by itself . . 

                   ⌘ Welcome To CODEX , ⌘ 

She jumped at the static voice , that sounded strangely both female and male , coming from the phone, the screen was dark blue with only the black text on it , " CODEX ..? What is that ..? " she stared in confusion at the screen , unsure of what to do . Was her phone hacked ? 

           ⌘ You have chosen to participate in the game , a foolish choice .⌘

" I don't understand , i didn't choose to participate in any game .." She muttered aloud , her confusion increasing , " What game are you talking about ..? " Feeling a little foolish for trying to speak to the static voice , she was about to call for her roommate to save her phone from being hacked when suddenly ..

            ⌘ CODEX is a game , a survival game to be exact , where you risk your life to win The Crown . ⌘ 

Her blood ran cold , feeling nervous and anxious at the words , a game where you risk your life ? who in their right mind would want to participate in a game like that ?! and ..".. I didn't choose to participate in any game ! " she denied , staring intently at the screen . 

       ⌘ Your log says otherwise , you have chosen to open The Message . ⌘ 

Recalling the message that she had received earlier , and indeed chosen to open , she felt a sinking feeling in her stomach " I didn't know that the message would lead to this !  " she replied, furrowing her eyebrows  " I want to quit ! I'm not going to risk my life ! " 

           ⌘ That's unfortunate, you should have thought more thoroughly before opening the message then . There is no 'QUIT' in the manual of the game , once you start the game , there is no going back . ⌘

" .. I'm calling the police ! " she warned , her eyes filled wih fear , something is wrong about all of this . She clenched her hand into a fist until her long nails were digging into her flesh , drawing blood , slightly calming down at the pain . 

            ⌘ The police won't be able to do anything , once your phone is in their hands , the screen will shut off and we will have no choice but to take care of you . ⌘ 

breathing shakily at the latter words , knowing that the voice meant 'to kill you' , she felt beyond frightened now , she slowly sank to the ground as her legs start to tremble . Unable to hold herself , but ..

                  ⌘ I suggest you to continue the game , Y/N (L/N) , you have no choice . ⌘

Biting her lips , the voice knew her name and he/she probably knows all of her other information ..she hesitantly nodded " ...alright .." She replied , her hands getting clammy from fear and nervousness . 

         ⌘ Good girl , now since you have decided to be obedient , i will start explaining the rules and the game . 

            The Game , CODEX , is about finding and solving codes and puzzles , each code and puzzle will lead you to a location where you will gather more clues ...and The clues will lead you to more codes . the player has to find the location of The Crown , to win . 

       Of course there are ⊲32 .⊳ other players that are participating , after all ..a game wouldn't be interesting without a competition, don't you think ? . ⌘

She remained silent , processing the words , feeling her stomach churn ..

              ⌘ . . Competition is no good , if you want to win . Meaning that each player will have to get rid of each other , since each location only has one clue , bumping into other players on the way for the same Code will interfere with your goal in winning .⌘

   " ..getting rid of each other ? .." Y/N's hands started to tremble and her breath quickened in fright , she doesn't like where this is going .. 

Only a while ago her life was normal , she really should have just continued sleeping and missed the school . Today was not her lucky day . 

   ". .  What about the rules ? " she asked 

                ⌘ There are no rules in this game , expect to win at any cost , Y/N .