Chapter 1

I remember the day, he ran away from the place we called home and left me abandoned. The day his life changed and I had nothing to live for. The fact that he was my strength and my hope for life. I was only 5 and so was he. We were twins but you could never tell that. I remember his face, his hair, his smile and his laughter.
It has been more than 12 years since he left me, but I still see him everyday coming out of college. He does not recognise me or perhaps he does not remember me. I was not allowed to go to school, I was homeschooled by my mother. I always found myself walking towards school to see him. Every day I would leave the house saying I was going to get some groceries but I never had the money so I would steal.
He would come out of his college with his mates and always give me death glares, he would bully me, push me on the floor and make fun of my clothes.
He did not understand that I do not own proper clothes. Maybe he thought I was there to look at the building but he did not know I looked for him. I wanted to know how he was doing. It took me 8 years to find out where he was living, if he was alive or not.
"Hey! Look! This ugly beast is here again" This was his voice. I did not realise when he and his friends approached me, I was too lost in my thoughts. I did not respond, as usual. I don't talk anymore, at least to people outside my house.
"Still not talking?" He continued trying to get me to talk. He has been doing that for the past few years.
"Let her be Mark, I don't think shes worth our time. Worthless piece of bull" That was his friend Joe. I had a huge crush on him, or maybe he was my mate. Every time we had an eye contact, I would feel the sparkles. He hated me and I knew it.
They all started laughing, while I stared at the floor. I never intend to talk to them, I always stood on the sidewalk but they always found me.
"I wonder why she comes here. No one even knows her. Hey mute girl? You are ugly and fat like a potato" screamed Mark. Then came the laughter again.
I continued staring at the ground, waiting for them to walk away. They started walking away as I did not respond. It took me few moments to get myself together and walk back home.
I am almost 18 and I still have not shifted. Maybe we shift when we are 18, who knows.
I cant imagine how wonderful my life will be when I find my mate. Everything will be so perfect. I will live with him, away from all the pain and torture.
I entered the door of my house and as soon as I closed it. Something hard collided with my head and I fell backwards on the door. It took me a full minute to get my vision back, I saw my step-father standing with a baseball bat in his hand.
"Where the f*** did you go?" He screamed.
I stared blank.
"Gro-cery" I stuttered.
"Liar!" Then came another hit, right  on my legs. I fell on my knees but didn't scream in pain. "I don't see anything in your hand."
Another smack came on my back, and I heard a crack but still did not dare to utter a scream.
I did not want to give him any satisfaction. I looked up to see my mother sitting on the sofa, smoking a cigarette like she didn't know what was going on. Truth is, she never cared.
"Did you go to some boy?" He screamed again. I shook my head.
"Liar! I will find out for myself" the fact that we were werewolves, my step-father had masked our scent so no one could smell us and think of us as a human.
I felt his hand grabbing my hair, harshly. He just started walking and with me sliding the floor. He threw me on the sofa and tore my clothes off. I remained blank, I knew what he was going to do. I closed my eyes and let him do what he always did.
I don't know how long it took him to examine my body in every single way, but I felt him entering his penis inside. I remained blank. He kept slapping my face, asking me to moan for him, tell him how I was enjoying. Truth was, he was disgusting. His body was disgusting, I opened my eyes to look at my mother. She was watching tv, still pretending she didn't know what was going on. There was time, when I did wish that she would stop him but I gave up on that hope because I realised she never cared.
I hated her, I hated every single person. I hated Mark, he left me for the worst things. He was selfish, he thought about himself and only himself. I wish, he came back to find me. Even if he did, he wouldn't find me. We moved house, one year after he ran away.