Couples Cruise - GONE WRONG!

AAHT! AAHHT! AAAHHHT! 

Red lights flashed on and off in their room. George and Brittany were away on a couples cruise through the Caribbean.  

George rolled out of bed and rushed to the bathroom. From there he asked, "What the hell is going on!?"

AAHT! AAHHT! AAAHHHT!

Brittany had slept through the alarms, but the sound of her upset lover gave her a jolt of energy no alarm could match. "Honey, what's going on?!" 

"I don't know!" he said. "I woke up and they were going off. Do you remember anything about the safety training?" 

"I don't remember what these alarms mean, but I do vaguely remember the procedure with the lifeboat and stuff." 

George threw on a shirt and pants, made Brittany do the same and they left the room with their backpacks full of all of their stuff. It was their first time in this situation, nevertheless they'd been travelling the world for years and always packed light. No one could have been more prepared to take all of their stuff and leave on a moments notice. 

Everyone had decided panicking was the safety procedure they'd been taught at the beginning of the cruise. People ran around frantically with varying degrees of panic matching the amount of clothes they had on. Most ran in what they'd slept with. 

George and Brittany walked out of their room into a long hallway to see all of the chaos which had started.  

"I'm scared honey," Brittany said, gripping George's arm hard. 

He was scared too, but he wasn't the kind of person to let his feelings take priority over action. "It'll be okay, we are going to get out of this just fine," he said. "This will be a great story to tell our kids." 

Before she could reply to him, he began the walk down the hallway past the chaos and towards the upper deck where the lifeboats were. There was a loud shrieking sound in the distance, it sounded like something a crocodile would say if it had wings and were too large for it's own good. Almost directly after this sound, the entire ship shifted to the right and a large explosion ringed through the ears of every passenger. 

"Just keep walking," George said, squeezing Brittany's hand. 

At this point she had tears in her eyes, nevertheless she wasn't going to let anything stop her from staying with George. She was like a monkey holding onto a tree's last branch in a final attempt to not fall down into a river full of piranhas. There were no other branches for her to go to, but the tree was moving. He was moving faster and faster because he knew that the people around them would only get more and more aggressive and manic. In passing he'd seen people breaking through the ship's stores, breaking through to other passenger's rooms and much worse. 

The second there is a crisis everyone goes back to being a caveman, he thought. Nothing but carnal instinct and pleasure... even if they do live through this, I don't know how they would be able to live with themselves. 

George wished he could help some of the people he saw, as he would never forget the screams. No, I have Brittany to worry about, our future life and children to worry about, he thought. 

They turned a corner and met the final stairs they'd need to climb before reaching the top deck. 

"You two!" someone behind them said. "Stop!" 

George turned to face a small man shaped like a coke bottle, who's face resembled that of a weasel more than a man. He turned around and continued forward with Brittany. 

"I said stop!" he said, raising a gun to them. His hands were shaking, but his eyes glowed with manic ecstasy. "I will shoot." 

This isn't good, George thought and sighed.