"What's your problem?"

Brendon grumbles, tapping away in his phone without a care in the world. Zack watches him amusedly with an eyebrow raised. He can see the little glances the vocalist directs in the other side of the room.

Zack watches Brendon's stares, his eyes leading to the two unnaturally giant musicians from the other side talking to each other in their own little world.

You see, Dallon isn't the only tall guy in the room now. He's talking to some guy that they're having a tour with. Who would name their band after a state? The guy isn't even from Maine. Well, isn't it nice that Dallon found another person as awkward as he is to make friends with?

He wants to laugh at Brendon's little reactions every time the other guy touches Dallon's arm or pats on his shoulder.

"Who the hell is he?" Brendon grumbles under his breath, making sure only Zack could hear his question.

"That's John. He's the vocalist of The Maine that we're having a tour with." He answers, then tries to stifle a laugh as he saw Brendon mumbling curses to himself as the two giants laugh at something from the other side of the room.

"Should I tell them to get a room?" Zack asked cheekily, which made Brendon bristle further at the suggestion.

"I don't trust that they won't do something stupid."

That made him stare at the vocalist, his eyes sending heated glares at the duo. "I know you're not that fond of Dallon but I didn't think it'd reach that low."

At the insinuation, the younger man looks up at him in shock. "I-It's not-"

Brendon pauses as he saw both men stood up, chattering away as the duo left the room without even acknowledging them. It made Zack concerned, when he saw the pained expression of the vocalist's eyes when they we're gone. And now he just silently returns to his phone without a word as if nothing happened.

What the hell does that mean?

****

"Uh. Hi. Is Dallon here?"

Zack raised an eyebrow at the expecting man. He had to look up at him though. The guy's almost as tall as Dallon. Tall as he may be, he's not gonna let anyone in that easily.

"Whaddya want with him?" He threatens. Zack didn't get hired for this for nothing.

The other guy seems undaunted though, as he continues, his voice dripping with his signature accent and a shrug. "I just thought we'd hang out."

"He's busy."

"That's not what I heard." He says sternly, crossing his arms against his chest, eyebrow raised.

Zack's actually impressed. But he doesn't need this guy to know that.

"Hey Zack, who's-"

Brendon's voice dies off at the sight of the guy from yesterday hanging around Dallon. If Zack didn't know Brendon better pulling off that friendly smile, he'd think he's fine with the guy's presence. But nope.

That feral grin looks like he's ready to kill.

"John, right? You looking for Dallon?" Brendon asked with the grin stuck to his face. Zack's creeped out, to be honest.

"Yeah. Is he here?"

"Yeah, practice just finished. You can get him if you want." Brendon says, opening the door wide for John to let him inside.

"Thank you." The tall vocalist responds with a smile, excusing himself to let himself in.

Once the guy's gone, Zack looks at Brendon. His face slowly morphs into a grim expression. He's not sure if the kid even notices the expression he's making.