The Principal's Office

Miss Oliver was sitting in her office, bracing herself for the next few minutes. She knew that she only had a few seconds when she heard someone singing very loudly and off-key in the hallway.

"Let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the-" Suddenly, the door burst open. Miss Oliver would've jumped if she didn't know who it was.

"FLOOOOOOOOOORR!" A tall, thin girl slid through the doorway into the room. She grinned up at Miss Oliver.

"Genevieve, I would politely ask you to let the students who value their education actually focus on their work."

"Awww, c'mon," Genevieve was still smirking, "We both know I put a little spark in their day. Besides, lunch is barely out. Who's really gonna be trying to focus on their work?" 

Miss Oliver was already tired of this situation. What she wouldn't give to be at home, in bed, far away from this place. She willed herself to concentrate on the problem at hand.

"Listen, I don’t want to be here anymore than you, but I'm kind of required to talk to students who break  school rules."

Genevieve's expression shifted to a frown."Oh. This is about that."

"Yes, Genevieve. You have been getting in a lot of fights recently. Too many, in fact."

"But I thought one fight was too many," Genevieve said, her voice dripping with mock innocence. When the only response she got was a frown, she had to fight to hide her smile. "Ohhhh, was I wrong?"

"Genevieve, listen to me. If we're not able to solve these problems now, before the school year is over, we'll have to send you to summer school. Not because you have bad grades, in fact, your grades have always been great. This is because- "

"Oh great, this doesn't have to do with that social help thing, does it? Give me a break!" Genevieve groaned. "Well, I can tell you now that that's not going to help me."

"Well, then, please, tell us what will help you. Tell me what the problem is."

"You're not going to like the answer."

"We just want to help."  

"Alright, here goes," Genevieve muttered. She leaned in closer. "The vice principal and the P.E. teacher... they're... brace yourself... ... ... ...having an affair."

"Excuse me?"

"Yep. Having an affair. It bothers me. All the time. I just can't... they're just so old."

Miss Oliver was silent for a moment. The vice principal and the...? Gross. She tried to shake the image from her mind.

"Young lady, this is not a joking matter."

"Well, I'm not joking," Genevieve said, looking grave. "They're seriously having an affair. And it seriously bothers me. I can prove it."

"Listen, you can talk all you want, but it's not going to get you out of this." 

"Alright, alright, what do you want me to do? Maybe I should bake some cakes for the teachers? Or maybe you want me to write a letter of apology to those students I beat into a pulp."

"Genevieve," the Principal was getting tired of this.

"Just tell me what you want me to do."

Miss Oliver frowned. This was not how this was supposed to go. She sighed.

"Play nice with the other kids." 

Genevieve's face went completely blank. "You want me to... 'play nice'?" She burst into laughter. "Okay, no. Firstly, with those assholes? Second, I thought that by now you'd now, teenagers don't play. They hang out. And third, I can't. I mean, literally can't. Even if I wanted to, even if I thought, ' Y'know, hey, these guys aren't half bad, maybe I should try?', I couldn't. Do you know why?" She leaned back in her seat. "Because my role has been cast. From the moment I set foot in this school, the students, all without saying anything to each other at all, knew I was the outcast. The teachers all decided I was the villain. The bad guy."

"I always thought you were the rebel. Letting them sculpt you is rather weak willed."

"Right, okay, sure. I don't see you out there being ignored or bullied."

"Why don't you try to change their minds?"

"For four months- four friggin' months of this school year alone- I've tried. And do you know what happened? Kids beat me up and the teachers turned a blind eye. I'm tired of that 'turn the other cheek' bullshit. I'm tired of waitng for karma to give 'em what they deserve. I'm tired of hearing that you care and that you want to help when we both know that's not the case." 

"Fine. Will you at least say you're sorry?" 

"Alright, I'm sorry that I'm not sorry." Genevieve got out of her chair. "And, I'm sorry in advance for the graffiti all over the front of the school, and for not coming to school tomorrow."

"Wait-" Miss Oliver started, but Genevieve had already slammed the door. She sighed and fell back in her seat. She was getting real tired of that girl's shit. After this year was done, she was definitely quitting.

She really hated schools.