Even Demons Can Change

"It's common nature for a demon to be evil, you're no different!"

"You'll kill us all!"

"You're a MONSTER!" 

"Go burn in hell you DEMON!"

"No, NO, NO, you've got it all wrong, I-I didn't mean to hurt any-"

"GO BACK TO HELL WHERE YOU CAME FROM DEMON!"

Something snapped.

"Fine. If you all want to treat me like a monster, I'll give you a MoNsTer." 

A maniacal laugh was heard throughout the kingdom. Black feathered wings sprouted from the demons back, and black horns appeared on its head.

Fire erupted from the being. It had lost control, because of the words the people had said to it. The fire spread through the kingdom, everyone was terrified for their lives. There was a lot of screaming, adults were running and gathering up the children.

"STOP THIS AT ONCE DEMON!" 

"Who says I have to?" The demons demonic voice boomed, threateningly.

"Leave this place you foul beast." The hero of the story shows up.

"And what are you going to do if I don't? Hmm?" he asked teasingly.

"I will just have to force you leave, if you don't do so willingly." 

"And how are you going to do that?" 

"Fine, I see its come down to this. This is your own fault demon."

White feathered wings sprouted from the hero's back, and a halo was over his head.

"Oh, this will be so much fun." The demon maniacally laughed.

"Oh, it shall." Our hero smirked.

The two fought back and forth, they were toe to toe, but the angel was starting to win. 

"How can this be?!" the demon roared. He was furious that he was loosing.

"May this awful creature be removed from this place, and banished for its doings. It is not allowed to be back on earth for ten thousand years!" 

"I WILL BE BACK! AND I WILL DESTROY ALL IN MY WAY."

The angel blasted the demon with a bright beam, and after a flash, the demon was gone.  The angel had disappeared as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And that's the end of our story, now go to bed my child." 

"Mommy?" 

"Yes my child?" 

"Was that story true? Did a demon really come and attack the village one thousand years ago?"

"......I will not lie to you my child, the story is true. But you do not need to worry, that old demon isn't going to come back." 

"Okay mom," the child yawned, "goodnight."

"Goodnight my child." 

The child slowly fell asleep.

~~~The next day~~~

The child went for a walk, they walked through the forest. While they were walking they were looking at the ground. They spotted a rock that looked kind of like a black gem stone. 

They picked it up and started walking back towards the village.

"Hey, looky here, it's the demon child," Their bully said.

"Leave me alone!" the child yelled.

"You're a demon with no powers, so what are you gonna do?" The bully asked.

"Just shut up! Leave me alone!" the child yelled and started to run home. 

"That's right demon child, run home to your mommy!" the bully yelled to them.

~~~Current time 8 years later in the tiny cottage store~~~

"My child, you have grown into a fine young adult."

"Thank you mother," the child, that is finally an adult, says.

A man around the age of 20 rushed into the store.

"The demon is back Lua." The man says in a serious and deep voice.

"What?! But how?!" The mother yells panicked. "My child, you must hide." She pushed her child back a little, towards the counter.

"Mother, no, I won't just hide!" The, now, adult yells and runs out of the store. The mother yells desperately to, her child. The child runs until they are close to the town center, then they hear a loud laugh, it sounds maniacal.

"I sAid I'D bE BaCk." The demon laughs manically. The adult walks to the fountain in the center of town, the demon only a few feet away. Everyone else in the village were in front of there houses or gathered around the town center. They were all watching.

"Haha, the stupid kid thinks that because they're an adult now they can be brave." The adults old bully says from somewhere. His friends laugh at what he said to make fun of the adult. The demon growls, hearing what they had said.

"Why do you let them treat you like that? They should pay for saying those awful things." The demon growls.

"I just ignore them, there are more useful things to life than paying attention to some jealous bullies. They only put me down to make themselves feel above me." The adult tells the demon, "I don't think everything needs to be solved by violence, some day they will learn."

The demon has an almost shocked look on his face.

"You are a nice human. There are very little people that are like you." The demon says, "Have you heard the story of how I became, what I am today?"

"I have, my mother use to tell me it." The adult tells the demon.

"You're the one who found my stone, aren't you?" The demon asks the adult. He sees the stone on a necklace around the adults neck. They made it into a necklace when they got back home the day they found it.

"I did, a long time ago," the adult says. The adult touched the stone on the necklace.

"Do you like this village? Does it mean something to you?" The demon asks.

"It does, so please don't do anything to it, I know there is good in you," the adult spoke to the demon, "you were misunderstood, and I am so sorry for that."

"None of them would listen to me, I didn't want to hurt them." The demon spoke.

"I know you didn't." The adult says.

"You are a really nice human." The demon tells adult.

"Thank you, you are a nice demon." The adult says. Everyone in the town are just staring in shock, even the adults mother.

"If I don't destroy the village.. Will you be my friend?" The demon asks.

"Of course!" The adult said.

"Then I won't mess with anyone." The demon states.

~~~A few days later~~~

The adult and the demon are taking a walk through the forest. While they are walking, they stumble upon the place where the adult found the demons gem, many years ago.

"This is the place where I found your gem.." The adult said to the demon. The demon looks at the adult and walks toward them.

"It is.." The demon said. He took his arms around the adult in a big warm hug.

~~~End~~~