Capture

So, this is my first fan fiction and I honestly don't know what to think of it. I wrote it for a school project on Romeo & Juliet, so it had to be relatively short. Anyway, please tell me what you all think of this if you care to read. -Emily 

The Ambrose and Dalgliesh family feud has been extremely nasty these past few years. Rikkard and Lillian Ambrose are the wealthiest couple in the world by exactly $3.17. Eugene Dalgliesh is shortly behind them, and the war to be the most powerful continues.

"Rikk? Have you seen the numbers yet? He's catching up and honestly I don't care.", Lillian said glaring at her husband. "We've been through enough, plus if we keep separating ourselves from the kids, we might lose the little connection that we had."

Ambrose looked down at Lily with her hands on her hips and shaking her head at the floor. He knew that the things at home were falling apart, and he never took the time to fix it. Constantly stuck in the office until the wee hours of the morning, Rikkard rarely made it home. They both knew that this wouldn't work out if this kept up, but they also knew what dangers could come to their family if Dalgliesh took the lead as the richest man in England and the world.

"I'm trying to do the best I can to keep you all safe, don't you understand?" Ambrose replied cooly.

"Yes, but can't you come home more often? I have been leaving at 4 everyday to spend more time with them."

"I'll try, but I'm not guaranteeing anything."

"Fine, I'm going to go take a walk for a bit." Lily grabbed her phone and keys and headed for the door. Taking a deep breath of the cool spring evening, she walked down the sidewalk in their neighborhood. Deep in thought Lillian didn't notice the shadow approaching her. A swift movement and a bag was thrown over her head. She struggled kicking and scratching whoever had abducted her, however she soon fell limp.

Hours passed before Lily finally awoke tied to a chair in a dim lit room. It was plain stone with mold growing along the walls. Shuddering, she realized who was behind it all, Dalgliesh.

"I see you've woken up. It's nice to know you weren't harmed too harshly." Eugene said with a fake smile plastered on his face. "Do you want to know why I had you brought here?"

"Hmmm, let me guess, you want to know how I know Mr. Ambrose. Oh wait, you already know that so, I'd have to say you want information." Lily spat sarcastically.

"Indeed that is true, but you still don't know exactly what information it is that I want about your husband. I don't like wasting time, so let's get straight to the point. You know about file HP correct?"

"What makes you think that I would tell you?"

"I could always threaten your children, but I'm sure you don't want that to happen so it's best if you would just answer the question." Dalgliesh retorted with fire in his eyes. Lily certainly didn't want her kids to be a factor in this equation, but the minute she told him any information, it would be used against her and her family. Unless she came up with a plausible lie. Suddenly a light clicked.

"In order for me to save your precious time, I need you to tell me how much you already know about this file, so I can know how much to tell you. All in the interest of time of course." Lily quickly replied, praying that he wouldn't question her response too much.

Dalgliesh knew that this was probably the only way to get her to talk, considering she was very intelligent. How else would she have ended up as Mr. Ambrose's secretary back in the day? "Alright Mrs. Ambrose, I know that HP stands for something and that the file is most likely completely in a code that only Mr. Ambrose could decipher. And perhaps you." Dalgliesh added after a few moments.

Lily looked up to see a window that oversaw the entire cell. In her line of sight she could see Karim, a dear friend of the Ambrose family, preparing some type of escape. Smirking she glanced back at Eugene. "Congratulations, you already know as much as I do on this file. The one file you thought that I would know information about is the one that I have no clue about. Everyone has their secrets, correct?"

"You're lying." Dalgliesh leaned in so that their noses nearly touched. "You know how I feel about people who lie to me don't you?"

"As a matter of fact, I don't. I do know what Mr. Ambrose would do, but you? Well, I honestly have no clue. Oh, and why would I have any reason to lie. You already threatened my children, family, and me." Lily said standing her ground. Even though she was still technically tied to a chair.

At those words, a bright light flashed and shattered glass came pouring down. Lily was able to catch a piece of glass in her tied hands and started severing the ties. Dalgliesh was soon taken captive by the burly Karim, and Mr. Ambrose started his descent down towards his wife. He started untying the binds and embraced her once they were finally off.

"When you didn't answer any of my calls, I began to get worried and started looking for you. Your phone was in the grass at the park, and all I could think about was that you had been abducted by Dalgliesh." He chuckled bitterly before walking over to Eugene. "I knew that you would do anything for wealth, but I honestly never thought that you would go to this low."

Lily could see the storm brewing in her husband's eyes while Dalgliesh began to move. It was so quick she almost thought it was a trick of the light. That was until the lights went out completely. A strange aroma filled the room and she began to back away coughing. Suddenly strong arms grabbed her shoulders and she heard a whisper that made her bones chill.

"This isn't over."

Before she knew it, the lights were back on and Dalgliesh had disappeared. Rikkard was furious and Karim looked extremely confused as to how he could have escaped from his grip. Pacing back and forth Ambrose went over to his wife and looked over her for wounds.

Grabbing his arm Lily led Rikkard out of the building and back to their home in complete silence. The fight was far from over. In fact it had just begun in this new light. Asking for authorities wouldn't do any good, as Dalgliesh had a high influence on the military and police forces. No, this would be a brawl the Ambrose party would have to fight on their own.