Chapter 1

Ana Dixon. Originally the name of Daryl Dixon's lesser known, younger sister. Ana had a daughter, but didn't survive the child birth because they couldn't make it to the hospital. Since no one knew who the father was, Daryl and Merle took care of her and made sure she was safe. Daryl named her Ana, in remembrance of his sister, the one who made sure he kept a good morality unlike his brother. Daryl always stood up to their abusive father and brother when they threatened both their sister and their niece. It has now been about 2 months since the outbreak and little Ana is now 12 years old.

Will Ana be a strength or a weakness to Daryl and the group on the road of the apocalypse?

(Based off of The Walking Dead Season 1)

DISCLAIMER: I do not own anything other than my character and my ideas

***

Author's note- I wrote this book because Daryl reminds me of my uncle and we were really close and everything and I can't really see him anymore but that's a long story. I am not copying anyone if anyone else did use this idea.

Also please be active and comment, it's boring having no comments and I need friends 😂

Also, I feel like a cringey writer for how I wrote some of Daryl's lines but that's actually how he talks in this season sooo...

*****

"Why is this deer going so damn fast?"

"Quit yer complainin' Ana, we're gonna get 'em."

My Uncle Daryl and I have been tracking this one deer for miles and I think we're gonna catch it soon. He's already shot it 3 times so it's gotta be slowing down right about now.

Daryl and I walk past a giant rock to see that same deer on the ground with a huge gash in it's neck with a walker sprawled out on the ground next to it, presumably the one who gave it the gash in the first place.

"Son of a bitch, that's my deer!" He walks over to the walker on the ground. "Look at it all gnawed on by this filthy, disease-bearing, motherless, poxy, bastard!" He finished, kicking the walker with each adjective.

"Calm down son, that's not helping." Tried Dale.

"What do you know about it, old man? Why don't you take that stupid hat and go back to 'On Golden Pond'. Ugh, we've been tracking this deer for miles... 'gonna track it back to camp- cook us up some venison. What do you think? You think we can cut around this chewed up part right here?"

"Naw, that's too risky." I answered gloomily.

"That's a damn shame. We got some squirrel- 'bout a dozen or so. That'll have to do." Uncle Daryl responded.

Then the walker's detached head started chomping its teeth together.

"Oh, god." Said Amy.

"Oh come on people, what the hell?"

"It's gotta be the brain..." I said.

"Don't y'all know nothing?" Added Uncle Daryl. I gave him a look that told him he did need to stop.

"Where's Merle" I asked Dale. He held a face of sympathy that put an awful feeling in the pit of my stomach as my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.