Are we too young?

"Do you think that we're too young?" That was the question I was shook up by, at that point I didn't even understand the meaning of it. "What?" I turned to Ethan, he had been staring at me from behind the entire time. Our eyes met, he shrugged and adjusted the pillow beneath his head. "Like, do you think that we're too young to be in love?" He asked, going a little more into details. I took a second to think, "I don't know" I said, unsure of what to answer to that kind of question. "Didn't you always think when you were a kid, that as soon as you turned 18, you would find someone, fall in love, and then that would be it?" I gave him a slight nod as an answer, "But I always had this thought in the back of my head that told me, that I knew that wasn't true. But now that it actually did happen, I don't know what to do..." he said, staring deeply into my eyes. I gulped, it was a lot to take in. "Ethan.." I started, "I guess I had the same thought, and it does seem weird, that you could fall so madly in love at such young age. But I don't know, I guess, it is what it is" I raised my eyebrows, waiting for an answer. A wide smile spread across his face, "i love you too," he chuckled, "but do you think it'll last forever?"

"You know, I always hear from people, that they were madly in love when they were young but it never lasted. Do you think that'll happen to us?" There was sadness in his eyes, I could tell that he was trying not to worry too much about it, but he did. I shifted onto my back, "you never know, but I hope not" I said, staring at the white ceiling. "I just think it's crazy how I was able to find the love of my life at such a young age" he said while brushing my arm, I turned my head to him and smiled. "And I want it to last. I know what I want our future to be. I know that we're gonna get married and have kids," he started, "I just... you know" he looked at me, wanting me to understand. I nodded, "I know, Ethan. I do believe that it's incredible that we managed to find each other at such a young age. And I have had that thought, I've been very worried that I'm too young. But if you feel like it's meant to be, then I think you should appreciate and remind yourself that you're so lucky, because you have what everyone is searching for" I said and intertwined my fingers with his. He licked his lips and kissed me. "I love you. And I know that this conversation was confusing, but I'm glad you feel the same way" he whispered when we pulled apart. "I love you too" I said and pulled him in for another hug. And in that moment I knew, that there was no way I would ever regret being with him.