Short-Story

There once was a wonderful king. He was kind to his people never betraying him. The people all around him believed that his name would go down in history as a true king. But at it was now the king was getting older, not younger. The king did not have a successor and he knew that his kingdom would fall without another king. So for the past year, the king has been throwing a trial to see who would succeed him.

 Every Year the trial would be different. He would ask all the royals and other people who had high status to participate in his game. They would participate with joy. Some of the kings games where childish while others were confusing. After the game was done the king would still not pick someone. Then the king did something that was very odd to the high class people. The king went down to the peasants village and picked a boy of the age 17 to participate in the King's Trial. The boy was a farmer's son and didn't look very appealing with dirt from head to toe.

The king started the trial to become his next successor. A man in pure black with a string bag stood next to the king. "This trial will be to see who can try and grow my flowers. There will be enough flower seeds for everyone to have one. I picked seed from around the world so each flower will be different. I want to see who will grow the flower. You can only use the seed that I have given you." the king said as the man in black walked around and with the string bag. The bag had seed inside of it and everyone picked one. He walked around giving everyone a seed until it reached the last one. The farmer's son held the seed close to his heart and prayed to god to let him be the one to become king.

Months past and the boy flower never grew. No matter how heart he prayed, watered, or talked to the seed it just wouldn't grow. He new that the king would be upset that his seed didn't grow but there would be no point to the trial if he lied about his results. On the day of the trial, everyone but the boy showed up with beautiful flowers. Many had different colors and sized beyond that of this world. They all looked like they were made magic. The boy looked at his pile of dirt. The seed was their yes but there was no flower. Nothing whatsoever. All the boy could do was be proud by the fact that the king even gave him a chance.

One by they walked up to the king and gave him their beautiful flowers that seemed to glow. The boy was the last one to go up and all he could do is hold his head up high in the air. Never looking down for that would be a sign of weakness. Even though the boy was the lowest of the low he would not let anyone look down on him. The fact that he was able to be here is proof that he is not week.

The boy walked up to the king and showed him his flower pot. He could hear the nobles and the higher class people laughing at him. They couldn't believe that he would even show that dirty pot to the king without a flower in it.

"My Boy are you the last one." The king bellowed. The boy only nodded his head. The king chuckled a deep chuckle. He laughed and chucked until his round face turned red.

"My boy you are a truthful one. You never tried to change the seed I gave you. Even when you saw all these people with an amazing flower you never back down. I think I will make you the next king." the king said the smile never leaving his face.

"Out of all the people with beautiful flowers why would you pick mine that has no flower." the boy said completely surprised by the king's decision.

"When did I say that I wanted to have the most beautiful flower all I said was for you to try and make the seed grow. But what I gave was you guys an impossible task. NONE of you should be able to grow the seed that I gave you. Before you got the seed I rosed them so they won't grow no matter how much you water it." the king said to the boy and the others. The other faces turned from shock to anger they started to yell at the king but all he did was laugh.