Chasing ghost- Against The Current: in our bones album

Everything was bright one day. It was just you and I against the world. But right now, the sky was so dark.

I stood in front of my mirror in our bedroom deciding what to wear. I picked out a black skin tight shirt with stone written across it, a black jacket, black boots and black jeans.

I remember when we first met, I was a bit mean, wearing a stone shirt,  black boots and black jeans. But still, you were a mess and I thought it was sweet.

After I was all changed, I grabbed my phone, car keys and a bottle of water and left our apartment. I got I to my car and drove down to the church.

I sat down in the front where you and I use to sit every Sunday, but today, I'm here alone. As the pastor spoke, I looked down to the ring on my finger. I miss you so much, but this can't be helped. It was bound to happen someday.

"Now this is a video I think we all need to see." I smiled at the wall. You and I use to watch these kinds of videos. I'd be cuddling your side with your arm wrapped around me.

The blue light from the TV wasn't something we were paying attention to while we were intertwined in every way. Our bodies pushed together on our bed.

But I can't do anything about this. About what I am going through without you. "And now his fiancé will have a few words to say." I stood up and went up to the stage and the pastor passed me the microphone. 

I could see everyone.

Everyone from his family to his friends. I took a deep breathe forcing the tear to go back before I began to cry.

"He was amazing. Everything I could ask for. However, what I truly have to say I can't say in words. So I put it all in a song. A song for him. " I said and someone cued the music I gave them a day earlier.

We used to have a light
Now it's too dark to shine
Now we're just passing by
Two shipwrecks in the night

Remember when we met? Yeah, I know I was mean
Stones shirt, black boots and black jeans
And you were such a mess
I thought it was sweet
But that night still haunts my dreams

[Chorus:]
I won't keep chasing ghosts
I need somebody I can hold
Gave you my heart and soul
Thought I was chasing love
I was only chasing a ghost
Thought I was chasing love
I was only chasing a ghost

Blue from the TV light,
Two bodies intertwined
I guess we tempted fate
Always so far away

Remember when we met? Yeah, I know I was mean
Stones shirt, black boots and black jeans
And you were such a mess
I thought it was sweet
But that night still haunts my dreams

[Chorus]

Remember when you left? Yeah, I thought it was mean
Stones shirt, black boots and everything
I let you fool me twice. Well, shame on me
That night still haunts my dreams

[Chorus]

Thought I was chasing love

After the funeral service, I sat in the church alone thinking back at all the times you said I love you, but most importantly, I was remembering when you said you'd never leave and you'd marry me in just a few months from now. "You fooled me twice, shame on me."

I walked out of the church going back to my car, that will take me back to our home and our bed. Alone. This night will haunt my dreams.

When I got home, I changed and sat on the couch thinking with a bottle of red wine. What if we never met?  Would this be easier? I just lost someone I was going to marry.

I laughed. No. There was no helping it. It was suppose to happen. Our meeting, your relationship, your proposal, and your departure.

I thought I was chasing love, but I was chasing a ghost.