Falling, Falling (Prologue)

Frisk scurried up the mountain as fast as her feet could carry her. She was rather excited to explore what lay outside of her hometown's boundaries, especially after getting into a physical altercation with her mother. It was simply another excuse to run away.

However, the mountain was much larger than Frisk had originally thought, and when reaching the top it was dusk.

'I don't need to go home. I can stay out here for the night, I'll be fine. Then when I go home tomorrow I'll get to see how sorry my mom is that she dared cross me~'  Frisk grinned to herself as she searched for a place to bed down.

As she searched she came upon a rather large hole. It seemed big enough for her to fit in, but small enough to keep her safe from bears; at least she assumed it was small enough to keep her safe from bears. Gently shaking her head, She sat at the edge of the hole and swung her legs in, while stretching them as far as she could.

"Huh, that's strange...I can't feel the bottom from here. Guess I 'll have to go in and find it myself!"

Frisk took a deep breath and silently counted to three before slipping into the hole. It didn't take her long to realize that the bottom was nowhere in sight, and in realizing that she let out a scream...