Chapter 1: Daily Grind

Hey, guys! I'm pleased to be back to writing another GaaSaku story for you and hopefully, I'll be making more sometime in the future! 

Anyways, please read & review! :)

It was 10:00 am in the morning where the leaf squad was currently traveling over the sea on the way to their destination. They were all segregated in different spots of the huge boat. Some of the teammates were leaning against the deck railing, sightseeing the mesmerizing view of the blue, aquatic ocean. The others were sitting on top of the barrels, chatting amongst themselves. 

"Whoo! This is definitely going to be the best trip ever!" Kiba cheered out loud with enthusiasm. His well-grown dog, Akamaru, barked in agreement. 

"Yeah! I couldn't agree more on that!" Lee pumped his fists up in the air. 

"It sure seems so nice out here. The food here does taste good," Choji mumbled while he was munching on the chips hungrily.

"There's no waiter or waitresses around who serves a bag of salty potato chips. You brought those stuff along with you, remember?" Ino rolled her eyes at him in annoyance.

"Anyway, guys. We should arrive at exactly 12:00 noon. We'll miss our lunchtime," Shino reminded.

"Right. A few of us have to catch some fishes while one of us have to start lighting a bonfire," Shikamaru said thoughtfully and asked. "Any volunteers?"

"Wait. But where's Naruto and Sakura?" Lee asked blankly.

"What are they discussing about?" Tenten wondered curiously.

"I don't know," Ino shrugged with a frown.

Hinata stared off into space and thought. "Naruto..."

On the other hand, the two close friends were leaning against the wooden railing while enjoying the fresh, breezy air hitting across their faces.

"This is so nice," Sakura sighed in relief.

"Yeah. I never expect that our squad would agree to have a vacation together," Naruto said smiling warmly at the view of the sea and continued on. "It just sucks that Sasuke is not here to spend time with us. I miss the good old days."

"Me too," the pink-haired kunoichi replied softly as her eyes were glistening in sadness at the thought of him.

"Do you remember the time when the three of us were trying to uncover Kakashi's real hidden face?" The blonde-haired ninja asked chuckling.

"Oh, gosh. That really ticked me off a little because even if he tries to remove it, he still has another mask covered on," the pink-haired kunoichi started giggling.

"So classic," Naruto shook his head with a smirk on his face.

"Well, I can't say that our first test on getting the two bells from sensei is definitely a smooth challenge," Sakura stated with her lips curled up. 

"You passed out from thinking that Sasuke's head was disintegrated from the ground," the blonde-haired ninja laughed hysterically. 

The pink-haired kunoichi nudged her elbow towards his playfully and said, trying to stifle a laughter. "Shut up."

"You know, it's true," Naruto said chuckling and tries to avoid her little punches away from him. 

"Having fun, kids?" A familiar voice spoke out near the distance. 

Both of them glanced over their shoulders to see who it is. 

"Shikamaru," the pink-haired kunoichi called out gladly and asked. "What is it? Is everyone alright?"