june ; 01

june could smell smoke in the building but she was scared to warn the others of a fire because she might be wrong. so instead, she followed the smell. when she found the source, she stopped in her tracks to admire a man leaning against the wall.

she shook her head. right now's not the time for eye candy.

"hey, excuse me sir," june warned the man over ten feet away from him, leaning against a column, "but it's a non smoking area."

the man's head snapped up from the ground to her direction but their eyes didn't meet. "oh," he mumbled. he looked back at the stick between his knuckles. "i'm sorry." he said, but still continued on smoking.

"i said," june repeated, "it's a non smoking area."

"i said i'm sorry." he said, mimicking her.

"sir," june warned, walking up to him. "if you don't—"

"can you just give me a moment please?" he tilted his head at her, his eyes all teary and red.

june didn't know what to do. she was new in the job and still didn't know how to deal with these kind of situations. june had a heart of gold. she'd feel bad if she made the smoking man who's obviously going through something leave. because of that, she might get fired, again.

she stood beside him, contemplating whether she should say, "do you wanna tallk about it?" but the man broke the ice first.

"do you smoke?" he asked but he wasn't looking at her, he was intently staring at the ground like some kind of da vinci painting.

june nodded. she did, out of stress but she wasn't a heavy smoker. she could control it but maybe not for long.

the man slid his back on the wall down to the floor till he was sitting. "so you know, right?"

june nodded again even though she didn't. she gulped down the lump on her throat and finally asked, "do you– do you wanna talk about it?"

the atmosphere was eerie. june found how they were talking quite uncomfortable because he was sitting and she was beside him, standing still.

he didn't reply, instead, he handed the stick over to her. "here."

june declined. she realized what he was trying to do. "don't you wanna go back to your friends or family or something?" she backed away from him.

the man acted like he wasn't hearing anything. "what's your name?"

i'm calling security, she wanted to say but she remembered, dumb bitch, you are security.

"sir, please stop smoking. if my supervisors see me, i'm gonna get—"

then her eyes wandered down to his black shirt. it can't be easily spotted but there it was, a puddle of blood in his torso.

the man's gaze followed what managed to get her attention. he looked down his shirt and cursed. "that's why it was hurting a lot."

june thought he was crazy. he was bleeding and he used a monotonous voice as if it was an everyday occurrence.

"oh my god, are you alright?" june helped him get up. "i'm taking you to the hospital."

"my fucking cigarette!" the man, whose name was still unknown to june, grumbled. "i need to fucking get it." his calm state was now replaced with a now aggressive one.

he pointed the stick, it somehow fell when frans was helping him to get up. june picked it up from the ground to stop his mouth from making any noises like a pacifier to a baby.

lmao sorry if joon's like this in the story~~ it has a reason, i swear. and hehehe the girl's name is june. 😈