Past and future

You know, that creepy girl in your school who always stares at people and says nothing at all? She just sits on a bench with all kinds of books around her and when you glance at one of those books it's always some kind of psychic book about supernatural spirits or something? Well that's me. I'm Violet, and no I don't know why my parents decided to name me after a color.

People around my school are all those typical boys and girls with typical problems in their typical life. And the thing is I know every single bit of their problems. I know when someone is going to die or when someone lost a family member or a close friend.

I see the auras of people. I dream about the people who are going to die. I don't know when they will die. That same day, or the next month. But it always happens within a year.

For example look at Veronica Clearwater. She was a beautiful blond haired girl and had always a swarm of minions behind her. She was the queen of the school.

Pay attention on the word was. It was November when I dreamt of her. The next day when she showed up on school she had a gray aura. See, auras can change but mostly of the time it takes weeks for it to change, it is a really slow project.

It stayed gray for more than one week and then I discovered the fact that she almost has been killed, but someone saved her. Although she got badly injured, she survived. And this happened over and over again. She got attacked and then someone saved her again, as if someone was trying to change her destiny.

You can't change the past, but you can change the future. That is a well known fact. The person who saved Veronica all the time never showed itself to Veronica or her family. Nobody knew his or hers identity.

Veronica died in a terrible death, I'll save you the details. But the fact that her aura stayed gray all those times and the fact that it took longer than a year to die, made me reconsider my meanings behind the auras.

And I am still looking for answers.